Newark, OH
Horns Hill Park Share
Uploaded By: roadtripstuff Hole #11 (Taken 5/2009)
3 / --   3 / 140ft.   3 / 230ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #11 Approach: Basket between the tree and the stump ahead, just down the hill a bit.

1 2 Next >
 Newark DGC has a really sweet course 2 play with

1    5/2/2009   5/2/2009
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Most of the wooded hole fairways utilize an old established grassy trail. Go off the fairway and you'll pay the price and then some as most of the hole have steep slopes one on side or the other. Most of the wooded basket positions make it for a fast green as they're on some kind of slope. I really liked Blue # 13 servere dogleg left fairway with the basket nestled on a slope not to far from the fairway. # 14 was a sweet hole too as it's fariway was pretty wide from the others and the hole wasn't reachable for this old man.
Cons: I wish more of the tee signs if not all the signs we're placed in the long tee box as that's what tee box you'll come to first. Some of the hole had orange next tee arrows pointing you to the next tee, unfortunately, 2 holes that can really throw a tourist of the beaten path don't have next tee signs (I would suggest over lapping a piece of colored electrical tape on the basket rim in the direction of the next tee in addition to the orange next tee signs. For this DG tourist # 7's basket didn't have a next tee sign and the extensive walk from # 7 basket to the right , along the roadway to the first turn to the tee area of # 8 can be confusing if you didn't know the course very well. Service road ran in the middle of some of the fairways (don't know if the road is OB or not, But I played it as it was OB since they're could be vehicular traffic on that road). Long walk from # 18 back to the parking lot. I thought some of the tee boxes we're kinda close to a basket. Not much parking if there was a big tournament.
Other Thoughts: For those not familar with Newark. The park is on the corner of Waterworks rd. and Horns Mill road NE. the park sign sorta blends into the woods on the right as you turn onto Horn Mill road. Follow that service road slowly (as it's a REAL STEEP INCLINE) till you get to the top. The small parking lot is adjacent to the old stone pavilion. I would recomend going even slower going down the service road. Also it's one way going up and one way going down. so know which exit you'll need to go up and down.

I'm a LHBH thrower and where the baskets we're positioned it seemed to favor my throw (which I'm not complaining).

1 2 Next >