4 Helpful / 9 Not
B = Better Than Average
Pros: I rate most courses from the long tee pads, but this one is an exception since many of the longs did not seem finished/playable. Many of them had no real fairway or added strategy....which leads me to believe there is work that is still planned.
What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
4 of 13 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.