Pawhuska, OK
The Lodge - Moccasin Creek Share
Uploaded By: Heathen Hole #8 (Taken 9/2010)
3 / --   3 / --   3 / 340ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Tee: 350' The tee sign is incorrectly marked as 9.

Oh! The Agony!

1    10/19/2012   12/3/2012
Review By: TylerM
Pros: This review is excruciating!
First off, I want to be very clear about how I rate courses. I favor amenities very heavily. This course had 0 amenities. Now for my review:

Wow!! That's what I thought on hole after hole while playing this course. Unbelievable layouts, awesome risk / reward shots, punishing roughs, you name it this course has it. Challenging in the third degree!

Nearly every hole was "epic". My favorites : 4,5,6,7,9,10, and 18. Oh, and most of the others as well! The mixture of left, right, straight, blind, elevation, water, trees, and just plain distance made every hole an adventure. It's been a month and a half since I played and I remember most holes in detail. No boring holes here!

Not crowded. Great baskets. Great concrete pads.

Cons: No amenities. Bathrooms are behind a tree. Bring your own water and snacks.

No signs. Without a guide it would be very hard the first time you played. Lots of blind shots and a little hard to navigate between some holes. This is why I can't give Moccasin Creek a 5.

Rough terrain is not suited for out of shape discers. You'll know you've done something when you're done here.

Other Thoughts: I waited a long time to do this review because I know this is the best course I have ever played. I had fun playing here even though my score was up closer to my IQ than my shoe size. This course is just plain MEAN! It just was not my favorite kind of disc golf. I play to relax and there is none of that here.

I do wish for that reason they would establish some am pads like they did on the Island course. With signs and short tees, this course would be so much better.

Play at the Lodge if you get a chance. This course along with the Island course are the ultimate in Oklahoma disc golf!

A Dynamic Duo

1    3/4/2010   3/4/2010
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: Well Maintained
Perfect use of available land
Plenty of Variety
Fun, Challenging but not Frustrating
Can be enjoyed by beginners, experts and everyone in between
Lots of natural Obsticles Creeks, Tunnel shots through trees, and elevation changes.
Sister course
Cons: Ran out of time and did not get the chance to play the sister course. But I did get a chance to look at it and it looked like it's close to, or as good as this one.
Other Thoughts: It was cold and rainy when I played but I still had a great time. It begins with a few open field holes. Nothing wrong with them but they are definitely the average part of course. Once you move into the wooded area it really picks up.

The land they used for this course is great for disc golf. Lots of streams and elevation changes. A good mix of hole sizes, throw variety, and difficulties.

If your still in a Disc Golf mood after you play this one then your in luck, it has a sister course located on the same piece of land. If you live anywhere near this course then it's a must. I would even recommend it if you your looking for a road trip