Rohnert Park, CA
Uploaded By: rdubbeer Hole #12

Just right for me

1    6/19/2013   6/20/2013
Review By: Ioreks
Pros: Clean park. Easy to follow course. Seemed like the tees were in the "A" position. Great for beginners as an entry level course. Rolling hills were doable for my 74 year old father.
Cons: Parking fee ( but it was free for us with my day's Golden Park Pass). Beware of poison oak.
Other Thoughts: Don't throw pale yellow discs in summer.

More Creeky Please

1    2/19/2010   2/22/2010
Review By: Magiken
Pros:
Nearly impossible to lose a disk
Pretty easy to navigate although there are a couple hole-transitions where you might go the wrong way (I think between 5 and 6 is one).
Good place to work on shots
Nice views on the backside of the course
Cons:
$6 is flat ridiculous to park here. There aren't enough amenities to justify such a cost. Limit the number park rangers and lower the parking fees. Two is too many for such a small park.
Can get crowded both in the parking lot and on the course
Muddy just about everywhere including tee boxes
People, trails, O/B fences with fun barbed wire are in play on a couple holes.
While there were hole in the ground restrooms, we didn't see any water fountains or wash basins.
Tips
The address of 5000 Pressley led me past the course about a mile on my GPS. Be on the lookout.

Random Thoughts:
There's really not much to say about this course, because for most of the holes you're really throwing back and forth across a wide open, gently rolling hillside. There are a few holes (6, 7, and 8 I believe) that are quite interesting as they run through the creek area and the shots are more technical in shape and also demand you pay attention to the landing area. It is too bad there aren't more holes like these. There is also one hole (10) that serves as this course's "Top of the World" shot with a nice view and fun throw. Beyond that I can't think of anything else remarkable about the course.

Bottom Line: This is a straight beginner course that I can't say I would recommend driving out of your way for, particularly considering the parking fee. While I really liked the creek holes, the rest of the holes are basically the same. I'd advise scooting on down the road to Stafford Lake.

1    7/9/2009   7/9/2009
Review By: tai madama
Pros: it is a nice park with many nice views of the valley, easy to follow course
Cons: the tees are a little loose and kinda small, the wind can bee pretty strong, and some alternate pin positions would break it up. $6 to park is a little high,no shade to speak of, no water of any kind
Other Thoughts: why didn't it go through the other side of the park where there are more trees and interesting features to utilize as obsticales