Bloomingdale, IL
Springfield Park Share
Uploaded By: Nosh Hole #4 (Taken 6/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Love the gravel tees

5+    9/24/2009   9/26/2009
Review By: Blonde Thunder
Pros: The gravel tees are my favorite thing about this course. It is the perfect combo of grip and slip for me.
The course is well manicured.
Signs at each hole with little gravel paths around baskets.
Cons: Only six holes.
One hole literally places two bocci ball courts and a pavillion directly in between the tee and basket and another is tucked within feet of a home-run fence and the parking lot.
Very short on all six holes.
Long walk from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 keeps it from being a quick six.
Other Thoughts: I use this course for a driving range when I dont have much time or the weather is bad. Hole three (can park right by tee #3) is 240ft with the basket surrounded in back by three medium pines and plenty of room to the right or left. So, you can practice accuracy or boom to the left or right and take the path around to pick up discs easily.

Why Bother?

2-4    6/21/2009   6/21/2009
Review By: Nosh
Pros: -Park maintained well.
-New everything (2009)
-Plenty of parking
-Course map & tee signs clearly visible
-Extra park accommodations (bathroom, benches, etc..)
Cons: -Very short
-Not enough thought in basket placement
-Not too much challenge (unless you count dodging pedestrians =3)
-Bit of a walk from 3->4 & 4>5
-Did I mention short?
Other Thoughts: The park is easy to find off of Springfield Dr. between Schick Rd and Route 20 (Lake St.). There was plenty of parking even with a soccer game and some baseball practice going on. I spotted the course map on the side of an out building right away near tee #1. I was not impressed by the distances of most of the holes but with all the foot traffic for the other park elements I'm not surprised. There was quite a bit of foot traffic even on a Sunday morning especially on hole #2. I can't imagine the amount of people on a weekend afternoon with all fields in play. If you don't know where to go after hole #3, just follow the asphalt path to the right and you will find tee #4 at the back corner of a soccer field. Speaking of hole #4, there are some benches not far from the basket behind the pine trees. An off shot could startle someone sitting there if it doesn't hit them. Get back on the asphalt path and follow it around the baseball fields for hole #5 & #6. Basket #6 is between the parking lot and a baseball field so take care when throwing. All in all with plenty of other better parks within a 5-15 minute drive there is no reason to bother with this one. It will most likely leave you disappointed that you wasted your time.

D Grade = Dud....a 6 hole dud

1    6/17/2009   6/18/2009
Pros: The first review sums up the details very well. I do not have much to add to that other than noting that this course (if it gets any play) is in a very nice, high profile park so it has the opportunity to introduce many people to DG who have yet to be enlightened.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == D
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == D
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C- (Clean new park)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Good for families, vetrans need not apply

1    6/17/2009   6/17/2009
Review By: lko102
Pros: - Brand new course
- Well manicured park
- Clear, new signage for each hole
- Restrooms/water fountain available
- Ample, off street parking
Cons: - Mostly short holes
- Layout problems with other park elements
- Potential issues with crowds
- Difficult to find a few tees
Other Thoughts: First, let me say this: Not all golf courses have to challenge Tiger Woods, and not all Disc Golf courses have to be pro caliber. Also, the more baskets we have in the ground, the better the exposure and future of the sport.

That being said, this course could be a great family/beginner course to introduce new players to the game, but with a few layout problems. The course itself is brand new, so new gravel tees, new baskets, and new signage everywhere. The course does it's best to fit inside a small park with several other areas, but there are a few issues with overlap. For instance, on hole 2, you throw directly over top of a Bocce Ball court! Obviously there is a hyzer line around the end, but for a course that should cater to beginners, this might not be readily apparent.

Also, there is a long (200+ yard) walk between holes 3 and 4. If I hadn't been taking pictures of the signage at the course and gone back to review the camera, I wouldn't have known where to walk for the next hole. Similarly, to get between hole 4 and 5, you have to walk almost completely around the end of a baseball diamond.

If you are looking for a place to bring mom and dad or the kids to give disc golf try, this would be a great course. If you are looking to test out your new driver or practice 400ft bombs, there are much better courses in the area to play.

1 2 Next >