Mountlake Terrace, WA
Terrace Creek Share
Uploaded By: Adrenalinedan Hole #16 (Taken 7/2011)
Hole #16 Approach

< Prev 1 2 3
Great course, could use a few improvements

5+    6/28/2014   6/29/2014
Review By: Strongbow
Pros: Variety of shots
Elevation changes (uphill, downhill)
Signature holes - #3, #18

Cons: Vandalism to tee signs
Some tee-boxes small or in poor shape
Hard to follow
Park goers in fairways
Other Thoughts: This is a challenging course with a lot of variety on each hole. This course could be fantastic with a few improvements such as better tee-boxes, and new signs and maybe a slight layout change on a couple of holes so it flows better. Although I'm not sure how long the tee-signs would last due to vandalism.

TERRACE CREEK!!!

5+    9/28/2012   11/28/2012
Review By: northwestblazinfire
Pros: great basket placement
exceptional teepads, concrete
solid baskets not chinsey
great use of land and course layout
variety of looks and challeges with OB and mandos coming into heavey play
Great discgolfing community good vibes
18 is one of those holes you remember
Lowell who designed the course often is selling discs out of his disc van, super cool guy and local disc golf legend. Guy gives good deals on plastic
Cons: no practice baskets
in a crowded park with occasional oblivious kids around baskets
lack of water features
muddy at 7 and 8, thats not a big deal to me but is mentionable
Other Thoughts: Terrace creek is sweet, the group of golfers there can really put down some rounds, super cool guys i would suggest playing a dubbs tourney if your close.

Lost my favorite disc

1    9/22/2012   10/25/2012
Review By: Tromavilcitizen
Pros: Nice layout. Holes have some challenging elevation shots. Course skirted a park and walking trail but never had an issue with a park goer in the way
Cons: Lots of undergrowth. easy to lose a disc. Lots of elevation changes. shoot uphill to said basket then turn around and throw right back down the hill you walked up.
Other Thoughts: I lost my favorite disc here. A transparent Orange Discraft Surge SS with a Blue ring and writing. I also learned to start writing my number on my disc. Can't wait for the Disc Beeper to come out.

Could be great

5+    9/22/2012   9/30/2012
Review By: medikated
Pros: -good variety, in terms of layout almost every hole is unique, only a few holes seem similar, distance wise there may be a few ace runs but due to trees an ace run can't be a guarantee
Cons: -hardly any signs, not many palces to sit, hardly any trash cans, last few holes can be confusing to navigate
-I really don't care for the walk to hole 12 or the walk back after the 18th
-course seems dirty and like a place where "no-goodniks" might go to hide from the public eye to do unsavory activites
Other Thoughts: Overall this course is fun and a good challenge. I feel like the course is somewhat neglected or under appreciated. If the resources where available and this course put through a major renovation it could be championship level. The area of the park is 60 acres, if more holes could be in the woods that could cool, and it'd be nice to see dual tee pads and multiple basket placements.

SPOTTERS ARE A MUST--very challenging (but fun)

2-4    8/6/2012   8/8/2012
Review By: TheSinator
Pros: As someone that first played this course as a beginner two years ago, it has definitely changed. The course contains a ton of thick brush, which makes it very challenging to find discs on at least half of the holes. However, compared to when I last visited Seattle (summer of 2010), the brush is greatly trampled down, which really helped us find our discs.

My favorite thing about the course is the challenge. Also, it has, in my opinion, two signature holes: #3 and #18 (See below). Other than that, it has a cool variety of holes, almost all of which are highly wooded. There is good use of elevation and foliage windows.
Cons: There are a decent number of cons to this course:
- It is very easy to lose a disc, so spotters are a must. If you play this course alone, be prepared to lose a disc.
- The signage is pretty poor.
- The course flow is not good, and a map is essential.
- The walk back to your car after 18 is annoying.
Other Thoughts: #3 is a cool shot from hillside to hillside, across a valley that is *highly* wooded. It's a hole that will keep you coming back, as it's pretty tough to get it across the valley without hitting a tree, especially given the limited tee space. I had daydreams of coming back to Seattle to play this hole.

#18 is a 500+ footer, with a huge elevation drop. Very cool shot. The first time I played the course (as a beginner), I didn't play the hole because I was scared (wisely) I'd lose a disc. This time, my buddy and I spotted each other and he helped me find mine. The guys playing in front of us were not so lucky, as they lost one of theirs. We helped look for a little bit, but to no avail.

#14 is an example of the importance of pin position. The hole has a lot of open space and is ideal for a RHFH shot. What makes it a great hole, though, is that the basket is just a couple feet from a ledge, so you could easily go from birdie to bogey. More course designers should guard/protect the pins with difficult hole locations like this course.

Wish There Was Better Signage

1    6/17/2011   6/17/2011
Review By: marx
Pros: I generally love this course after just the one time of playing it. It's like going on a hike and playing a little disc golf at the same time. Beautiful park!
Cons: I would love to see better signage, or at the very least an updated map on here.

After hole 13 it became terribly difficult to navigate, and I'm sure we skipped a few holes.

My buddy lost a disc on 18, which is not a difficult task. I'd toss a cheap disc on that last hole, just in case.
Other Thoughts: With better signage or a map, this would easily be a 4.5-5 for me. I had a fantastic time playing this course.

Put On Your Hiking Shoes

1    4/21/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: MrNiceFella
Pros: Tons of elevation changes, heavily wooded, challenging, 18 holes, creative design with diverse assortment of throws. Fun fun fun.
Cons: Very poorly marked. Bring someone who is familiar with the course your first time, then return again and again to play.

I love this course

5+    3/15/2011   4/26/2011
Review By: b-mart
Pros: Concrete teepads. Creative use of the terrain. Wide variety of shots. Friendly locals (for the most part). Hole 18!
Cons: Can be overcrowded when the weather is nice. The underbrush on holes like 10, 17, and 18 is absolutely brutal if it isn't wintertime. Or so I hear. I've only played it in the winter, and 18 is the only one that has been a challenge to find a disc. No signage to speak of, and it's tough to navigate after 7 if you don't know what you're doing.
Other Thoughts: In case you missed it in the title, I love this course. It's close to home and so challenging that it makes every other course I play (with the obvious exception of Seatac) seem easy. Just walk up to the first teepad and you'll know that you're in for a beast of a day. If the first hole is that long with such a tight window between the road and the trees, you know that it's only going to get crazier... And it does. I love the variety of shots, and holes like 3, 17, and 18 can make your day all by themselves if you hit your line... They can also ruin your day if you miss it. Bring spotters and discs you could care less about. I've only officially lost one on this course, but I've been lucky enough to receive phone calls on all of the other discs I've buried in the forest. If you don't want to be challenged, don't go here. If you absolutely have to keep your score below par, don't go here. But if you want to have a blast? Go. It's free. Just make sure you bring a local or ask me for advice on here, because there's no signage and the map on here is horribly outdated.

nice wooded track

2-4    12/21/2010   12/21/2010
Review By: bbobsuek
Pros: I wanted to give it 4 because it is just plain fun to play
lots of different shots and angles
strategy and luck come in to play
you can make a 2 or a 5 pretty easily
great feeling to be in the woods in the middle of a burb
Cons: tees a little inconsistent
can get sloppy pretty easily
not easy to navigate at first
find a tour guide
Other Thoughts: with a little work this course could easily become a 4 or 4+
18 is really fun..throw 2 just to watch em fly

Challenging!

5+    8/1/2010   10/22/2010
Review By: S3R14L_K1LL4
Pros: Very challenging. A big course, with a lot of variety. Each hole has it's own uniqueness to it! Friendly LOCALS/REGULARS.
Cons: Long course involving a lot of walking...almost hiking. Not marked well, and first timers can get confused. Not restroom or garbage can friendly.
Other Thoughts: I love this course. It brings a lot of variety and a great challenge to any player!

< Prev 1 2 3