Moncure, NC
Uploaded By: 360chickenwingroller Hole #5

Good Vibes, Tough Fairways

1    5/22/2009   5/23/2009
Review By: BrotherDave
Pros: Home grown so you can drink and smoke to your heart's content. It has 19 holes that virtually force every shot you've got. The fairways are very wooded, tight, and challenging. Generally, the shorter the hole, the tighter the fairway. Holes range from ~170' - 400'+. Excellent variety and signage, many holes are themed, Each basket/tee homemade and unique. Well thought and laid out including most holes had benches and bag hangers. Trees generally consist of skinny pines. Water in play on 3 holes (creek). All baskets suspended except for hole 19. 3-4 holes open with good length.

Cons: Some of the baskets are kind of rickety but they're home made and completely functional. Has the tightest fairways as a whole I've ever seen. Not a con per se, more like an advisory. This course requires top accuracy to score well. Rough is fairly more forgiving than I thought it would be. Moncure is a small town, er place, er speck on the map. Get your meals and cash prior to getting there. Some fairways were smaller than a single wide trailer's hallway.
Other Thoughts: Owner was as cool as a moose, he charges $2-3 for maintenance, I gave him $10 for my buddy and me for saving my keister on the directions, uber helpful. Hole 13 (I think) has a disc eating Cedar tree. A lot of TLC has been put into this course and it showed. Well worth it, especially as it is part of a home grown tour. I don't usually carry cash on me so I had a heck of a time getting some for D.B. Fortunately a Citgo gave some cash back. They charge $100 for a keg of PBR though, c'mon!