change of pace
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Concrete tee pads, Discatchers, imformative signs.
- benches, trashcans, and bag holders
- Elevation changes and rolling hills.
- front more open, back technical
- Manicured fairways with thick rough during growing season
- Hole 9 by parking lot for intermission.
- plenty of bomber holes
- clean park with friendly people
- Easy to navigate.
Cons: - park can become busy during prime throwing hours.
- Large shelter by parking lot can result in crowds of people and curious park goers.
- front 9 plays around the parks dept. maintenance shop and becomes aesthetically hectic.
- many blind baskets result in walking fairways in search of target
- Concrete walking path boundarys some fairways so take care.
Other Thoughts: Enjoy throwing this park when not crowded. My biggest con of this course is the number of blind baskets. Being able to see my disc flying toward the target is a wonderful thing. Holes 10 and 11 are my favorite - when course is not busy one can empty the bag going both ways then do it all over again. I throw this course as a change of pace from all the other great courses KC has to offer.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
LSMO's Finest (By Way of Being the Only)
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: 1 - Nice park benches and trash cans galore!
2 - Well laid out and marked.
3 - Area of the park the course is in is dedicated to the course.
Cons: 1 - Can get really busy.
2 - Some pretty deep rough that can eat a disc with ease.
3 - No lost disc return.
Other Thoughts: Generally me and my disc golfing buddies consider the front ten the open part of the course, that on a windy day can be a real bear, and the back eight the technical part of the course. The place in the park the course is in is definitely not prime real estate! Also watch out for the locust trees!
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: + some chances to air it out over big distances
+ decent variety of shots
+ part of a larger parent Park Dept. park
+ back 9 has good design, but the terrain is brutal
+ shots over shrubs and bushes
Cons: - Front 11 is too open
- a very rough course in terms of OB, rocks and lack of grass in some places
-some holes are just extremely boring
-bit too open on front 9
Other Thoughts: looks to me like they took the worst piece of land in the whole Legacy park, that they couldn't do anything else with and dropped a disc golf course in it. Plays like Wilbur Young if Wilbur Young with less trees.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.