2 Helpful / 0 Not
Great Beginner Course
Pros: - Low traffic. You'll usually see a couple groups playing on the nicest of days, but never any sort of wait.
- First hole has a big open field to work on shots. Really helpful for practice and for beginning players
- Grass mowed regularly and course kept in nice condition
- Hard to lose discs here. The bushes on the hill on 7 are the worst place to get lost in, but people are good about returning found discs at the bulletin board on Hole 1
- Convenient for inside the perimeter players north of Atlanta
Cons: - There can be a lot of walkers and cars around certain church activities. You'll often have to wait a bit during these hours for cars to pass. And the course is closed outright on Sunday morning
- It's not much of a challenge for players looking for real competition
- Hard to find the red tees on many of the holes.
- Water can eat discs on Holes 4,5,6 if you don't want to get wet
- Really no amenities to players, but don't find this an issue on such a short, quick course.
Other Thoughts: I've seen low reviews for the course, but I think it should be judged for what it is, a simple learning course with a couple challenges for more advanced players. It's well kept, the church community is very friendly and has embraced the sport and the players who come by, and there's usually not much traffic so you can really practice shots on the field in addition to playing.
Not much more you could ask for out of a 9-hole course for beginning players or practicing in the city.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Great Beginner Course
Pros: Very easy Layout. Great for the beginning player or someone looking to improve their skills without going into wooded areas. Very open on most holes with some lightly wooded areas on others. Very light player traffic on this course most times.
Cons: Holes are not well marked. Could use markers in the tee areas.
Other Thoughts: Being on a church property, we must keep their property in mind and respect it.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.