McKinney, TX
Alex Clark Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #7 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 206ft.   3 / 288ft.   3 / 206ft.   3 / 288ft. Par / Distance:

Excellent Course

5+    6/20/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: ryanmmacoustic
Pros: There is a lot of much needed shade from the Texas heat. I personally loved this course. I find something new to like about Alex Clark every time I play. It's very convenient for me because I live about 200 yards away. Still being very new to disc golf I found this course great to learn on. I can birdie on about 7 or 8 holes and make par on the rest.
Holes:
1. Great for Right Handed Side Arm throwers and for Lefties. Be careful the creek is just to the left of the "fairway"
2. I love this hole, the basket is at the end of a "hallway" of trees. Fairly easy.
3. This hole is great for people have a lot of control over their throws. You can hook out to the right and have the disc dive right up next to the basket or you can have it curve out to the left and dive back towards the basket.
4. Very easy hole, just be wary of the creek to the right.
5. Also a great hole as long as you don't hit any trees, be careful not to throw it too far though, you will be swimming for your disc.
6. Par 4. Pretty easy for a par 4. The easiest way I have found to throw this hole is as a right hand side arm throw. Be careful though the creek is just to the right of the basket and it's pretty deep.
7. Very easy hole, one good throw should get you right up to the basket.
8. This hole is a little longer than most of the first seven. Very open shot right up to the basket.
9. Great hole, the tee is slightly down hill from the basket. One good throw usually gets me pretty close to the basket.
10. Easily one of my favorite holes at Alex Clark. The tee is uphill from the basket so you don't have to throw it to hard to get it to the basket.
11. Tee is down hill from the basket, but you still don't have to throw it too hard to get it to the basket.
12. Very short hole, easy to birdie.
13. Another one of my favorites. Great for a right Handed Side Arm thrower like my self. I think this is one of the longer Par 3 holes on the course.
14. This one has a lot of trees, but if you swing out to the right and curve back in you should be pretty close to the basket.
15. This is a great hole if you have a lot of control and can throw your disc pretty straight. But if it curves the slightest bit to the right or left you can easily hit a tree and add a stroke to your score.
16. Par 4. This one was one of the toughest holes for me, I lost two discs but I still like the hole. Very challenging for a beginner.
17. I like this hole, it was a little tough for me. I lost one disc trying to swing out to the left and curve back in.
18. Probably my second favorite hole. Wide open shot. Lots of shade. An easy Ace hole, but if you over shoot you could go in to the creek that lies behind the hole.
Cons: There were a few signs missing. The first time I played I didn't know where to go after the second hole. If you are new to the course just ask someone where hole 3 is and you've got it from there. Bring some bug spray and be careful when trying to retrieve a disc that has fallen into the "rough" there is a lot of poison ivy. Really there aren't many cons to this course. Just needs to be cleaned up a little bit. It can get crowded on weekends though.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course if you are new to disc golf. Everyone that I have met at Alex Clark has been nice and helpful. The course layout is excellent, the tees and basket's are in great shape. It could use some updates signage, other than that I have no complaints.

Fun

7/27/2008   7/27/2008
Review By: Frolffan24
Pros: This is a very pretty course and is perfect for hot days because it is heavily shaded with trees. The trees can be a factor. . not much wind either. It was very fun. there is some water on a couple holes but not a huge factor (except i lost one). it is a very short course with holes around 200-250 feet. Easy par course.
Cons: It is a short course and for a first time on the front nine it is a lil hard to find way around but easy once you get the hang of it
Other Thoughts: Fun course to play

Alex Clark Memorial

7/7/2008   7/7/2008
Review By: climber3201
Pros: Beautiful course. Trees provide shade and block wind but do not get in the way of play. Most holes have decently easy pars. Nice variety of holes including dogs to the left and right. Well maintained and located in a nice area. Discs not easily lost. Most water hazards are off the course and the rest are shallow.
Cons: Some signs have been removed.
Other Thoughts: Local players seem very nice and so generous as to give me a Champion Wraith on the spot to keep.