Las Vegas, NV
Red Ridge Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #9 (Taken 6/2010)
5 / 575ft.   5 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Pretty but not very good

1    10/26/2011   10/28/2011
Review By: cmartin
Pros: Very pretty setting. Well laid out and easy to follow. It is clear the area is intended for disc golf.
Cons: Very boring holes. Long and reasonably straight. No real obstacles other than at least 50% of the available disc landing area is OB and potentially windy conditions.
Seemed that almost all of the course was wet (presumably from a sprinkler system). Footing on tee pads was questionable as a result.
Other Thoughts: This is by far the worst course I've played. It was very simple and not particularly challenging. Even though I'm not very experienced and can't drive very far, I didn't have any problem reaching the baskets in 2 (and successfully avoiding OB) and made 3 or 4 on every hole - and most of the 4's were caused by poor putting on my part. If this were my only DG experience, I wouldn't continue playing.
I really feel bad giving this review. It's clear that a lot of time, money and work went into developing the course but it just didn't translate to the kind of course I'd like to keep playing.