Las Vegas, NV
Red Ridge Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #6 (Taken 6/2010)

Wet Grass in the Desert

1    9/22/2012   9/28/2012
Review By: jasonc
Pros: This course offers something I was not anticipating in the Las Vegas desert, wet grass. It was certainly a treat to see any kind of live grass in this area.

The teepads are very nice and flat. Just be sure to dry off your shoes if you plan to use them. Otherwise, you will be slipping and sliding like I did on the first hole.

The tee signs are excellent. After finding the first tee, I did not need to use the map.

If you use the landscaped rock/tree areas as OB, this seemingly flat and easy course becomes rather difficult, especially on a windy day.

The mountain scenery is a real treat for someone like me who lives in the Midwest.

While there are other activities in this park, the disc golf course does not conflict with other park users besides an occasional dog walker.
Cons: The holes here get repetitive very quickly.

There is no signature hole because of con #1.

The wet grass caused me to slip several times during my round. I had to dry off my shoes prior to stepping on each teepad. I understand it must be difficult to keep grass alive in the desert. Hopefully this is only a "con" for the early morning rounds.

The lack of any elevation here left me wanting more, most likely because you have a great view of the mountains on every hole.
Other Thoughts: While this is a very nice course, it leaves much to be desired.

Pros and advanced level players will not find much of a challenge here.

Recreational/novice players may struggle to stay under par because of the length and OB.

I would come back here for another quick round if/when I make it back to Vegas.

Interesting Design

2-4    1/2/2012   1/10/2012
Review By: TrippinBill
Pros:
-Dedicated disc golf area
-Nice tees and baskets
-Excellent signage
-Great use of land
-Excellent flow from hole to hole
-Lots of OB
-Friendly locals
Cons:
-Somewhat redundant
-No trash cans out on the course
-The OB areas are full of sharp rocks
-A couple holes were too wide open
-Some minor crossplay issues
-Only one tee and pin position for each hole
Overall, this course was a lot of fun. I will be playing it again next time I'm in the area. If you play with all the OB most holes have some decent challenge. Since it is only 9 holes and they flow so well, you can finish the course very quickly if you want to. Like every other course I played in Vegas, the locals were very friendly. I even ran into a fellow DGCR member and we played several holes together.

Golf... errr Disc Golf course

1    2/23/2011   5/25/2011
Review By: JDee
Pros: -Open and easy course for beginners. If you are very advanced you probably don't need your distance driver. On a scale of 1-13 your distance is max a 9.
-Would be great for family play.
-Great training course!
-It is marked perfect, the course is a legit course. Even have signs for pedestrians saying watch for flying discs!
Cons: -Felt like I was on a golf course for disc golf. the fairways were all open and easy, nothing in your way. Its as if they carved it out for golf, and made it super small and made it a disc golf course.
-It's really really nice. It looks really good. But in my opinion, its taking the difficulty and excitement out of the game. Golf, you want open fareways, Disc golf you want a challenge. I want a challenge.
Other Thoughts: It is still a fun course. I would recommend playing it to anyone. But if I was a local to Vegas, i don't think I would play here often. Being from Utah, I enjoy the challenges you get from trees, shrubs, and water hazards.
-Having said all of this. I was visiting and only played this course once. But the one time I did play it, it just seemed to easy. Awesome course to begin on!
Overall... fun to play!

Red Ridge

2-4    8/22/2009   8/23/2009
Review By: rybob42
Pros:
The course part of the park is just for disc golf
Well-maintained
Great signs, easy to follow
Good length for a small park
Challenging fairways
Not too busy yet
Cons:
Holes are pretty similar, and only 9
Fairways are close to one another
No obstacles or elevation change, just lots (50%) OB
Tee pads are slick as ice when wet
Other Thoughts: We played this on a stormy and windy day, and the tee pads became dangerously slippery. The fairways are tough in the best of conditions, and in the wind this course became nearly unplayable.

It's definitely like ball golf: long, open, narrow fairways of niicely kept grass with no obstacles to shoot around. Of the three we played in Vegas (Sunset, Mountain Crest, and Red Ridge), I'd recommend it last of the three. That's more a credit to the other courses than a knock on this one. Definitely worth playing if you get the chance.