Las Vegas, NV
Red Ridge Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #7 (Taken 6/2010)
5 / 507ft.   5 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1st time in Vegas.

1    10/21/2012   11/4/2012
Review By: Larrycivic
Pros: This is the first course I have played that looks like a ball golf course. Nice manicured grass with rocks and trees defining the fairways.

If you play the rocks islands as OB this is a great course.

I visited Vegas for vacation and a fellow golfer picked me up and told me we should try red ridge. I was hesitant because it was a nine hole course, but was impressed. We played the OB and it was a technical little course.
The wind was blowing so there was an added difficulty. Course requires ever shot. Flick, anny, hyzer, spike hyzer, tomahawk. All in nine holes.
Cons: Being from DFW Texas I am use to elevation change.

This is a multi use park and there was dog poo on the course so be careful.
Watch for other people when you throw because the fairways are close to each other
Other Thoughts: I am glad we played this course. Short enough for me to play and get back to the family. I wish they a had a nice looking course like this in my neck of the woods.

A Red Desert Oasis

1    12/4/2010   12/13/2010
Review By: elton807
This review was updated on 10/7/2011
Pros: Unique "ball golf" style layout. Already a great course, this track will only get better with time, especially as the trees grow out. Excellent kids playground near 9th hole.
Cons: A little busy, but never rushed. Flat, but gets the very most out of available area.
Other Thoughts: I took my wife for her first time on this course because I thought it would be less intimidating due to its likeness to a ball golf course and how flat it is. She enjoyed herself and even hit a few long putts! I look forward to playing this course a few times a year.
=================
Uniqueness: A (I really haven't seen anywhere else quite like this)
Difficulty: B- (flat; "links style" layout calls for some accuracy)
Fun factor: B+ (family disc golf is always fun)
Aesthetics: A (manicured; totally man-made in Vegas fashion)
---------------------
Overall: A-

Nice Green Course

2-4    9/22/2009   10/12/2009
Review By: Big G
Pros: Disc Golf portion is for Disc Golf only.
Defined fairways like a ball golf course.
Green grass like a ball golf course.
Cons: Only nine holes.
Other Thoughts: This would be a great place to bring a beginner due to the fact that there are no hills: easy to walk and no roll-aways. You may have to wait for the occassional dog walker. The only reason I did not give this course a 5 is because there are only nine holes. Of course, you can play it twice to get in 18 holes.