Lawrenceville, GA
Alexander Park Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #4 (Taken 4/2011)

5+    1/9/2012   2/28/2012
Review By: Prandyseth
Pros: easy to get to and a joy to play
easy navigation
concrete teepads and multiple basket placements
nice mix of open and wooded holes with ace runs and long shots mixed in.
Cons: amateurs which is also sort of a pro are very likely to appear on this course slowing up play and giving you a good laugh.
Other Thoughts: Home course when i get to come home

Great Course!

2-4    2/6/2012   2/28/2012
Review By: edphoto
Pros: Well defined tee areas. Holes are well laid out.
Equipment is in great condition and Holes are well marked.
Cons: Can be crowded at times.
Other Thoughts: Great variety with holes. Open field holes. Nice transitions from open field to wooded areas on some holes. Looks to be well maintained and marked.

My Home Course

5+    2/10/2012   2/10/2012
Review By: travislj
Pros: This course offers a lot of variety. Some holes open, some wooded, uphill, downhill, & water in play on 17. They are constantly improving it. Baskets move pretty frequently.
Cons: Park can be busy at times.
Other Thoughts: If you have never played here you should really check it out.

Alexander Supreme

1    1/1/2012   1/1/2012
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Alexander Park is a very nicely equipped and maintained in an upscale community park. The course is quite entertaining and includes elevation changes and alternates from open holes into, through, and out of woods. Most holes are 325' and under, but not all. I felt like I should have had more looks at birdies than I actually got. Multiple concrete tees and pin placements mixes it up real good, the versatility adds a good deal of interest. Tee
benches and signs are great, and pointing arrows usually indicate direction to the next hole.

The vibe is fun and well done. Maybe not a masterpiece, but still quite charming. I didn't show well on the scorecard this day, and wish I could have had another chance or two to post a better number. Glad I checked it out, for sure!
Cons: The park has other users that come into proximity with some holes. Some holes almost overlap, to squeeze in the full 18. Wind was ferocious beginning my visit here, but trees blocked it on many holes though. Degree of difficulty isn't strong. Water on 17 had a reputation of attracting discs.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course a lot, and am glad to have played there. It is worked nicely into a blend of open grassy turf and wooded places, and has a good fun factor for average skill levels. This course sort left my disappointed with my effort, but mostly satisfied with the overall quality of it's design. Totally worth checking out if you have the chance.

Good, fun course

5+    12/26/2011   12/28/2011
Review By: bighouse
Pros: The course if very well maintained, and it's in an overall nice park. It has a nice layout, good signage, and there's a good mix of harder and more difficult holes. The course is about half in the woods and half open space. So, it's almost like playing at Lenora and Ft. Yargo at the same time.
Cons: Theres often quite a few people playing on any given day, so there tends to be a lot of foot traffic. Some of the tees run quite close to one another, like 18 and 16. You really have to watch the throws sometimes to avoid hitting other players.
Other Thoughts: WARNING: THE POND ON 17 IS MAGNETIC!!

Great All-Around Course!

2-4    11/24/2011   11/27/2011
Review By: jdominy
Pros: * This course has a lot of variety. Great balance of inners and outers.
* Beautiful park, great trails around it.
* Course is very well maintained.
* Course is well marked.
* Love the brooms at each concrete tee-pads.
* Lots of good benches and trashcans.
* Holes are fair, reward those who challenge it.
* Has some good long holes.
* Disc Stalker shop is right next to it, with the biggest selection of discs I've seen anywhere, as well as used and rental discs.
Cons: * Can't really think of anything I didn't like. Was really one of the best I've played.
* Lacks some of the creativity I've seen in other courses.
Other Thoughts: After playing Flyboy earlier this year, all courses I play have a lot of live up to. This one lacks the amazingness of Flyboy, water challenges and scenic beauty of Flyboy. So, 4.0 is best I could give it.

Nice Park

2-4    9/6/2011   11/5/2011
Review By: kennedydm
This review was updated on 11/19/2011
Pros: Great mix of long fairways and wooded holes. Well maintained. Clear signs at every hole. Concrete pads.
Cons: Park can get crowded at times. Nice parking in the rest of the park... disc golfers park in dirt and gravel.
Other Thoughts: Great course! Fun for all skill levels. Disc golf store right around the corner. Anytime I travel to atlanta I play this course!

Well Maintained course!

1    8/20/2011   10/7/2011
Review By: Nathanbr2
Pros: 1) Very well maintained course
2) Gives a very good balance of shorts, some open, some wooded.
3) Hole 17- Best dogleg hole i've ever seen. (watch out for the lake)
4) Very nice area, along with nice helpful locals.
5) Great Signage!
6) Good flow of the course
Cons: 1) Mild risk of losing a disc (Water on 17, some scattered thick patches in the woods, a blind shot or two)
2)Long Walk from the parking lot to first hole
Other Thoughts: Great course overall! would love to play it again!

And, as said before, Keep driving to the BACK parking lot

I'd play it a lot if I lived closer

1    9/30/2011   10/7/2011
Review By: GavinSexton
Pros: Very clean. Benches at every hole. Fun wooded fairways. Low shrubbery. Easy to find stray discs. Nice tapered concrete tees.
Cons: I had to walk quite a distance to make it to the first tee from where I parked.
Other Thoughts: I wish some of the first holes had more obstacles. They are also a little repetitive being in an open field like they are.

I live about 50 minutes from this course, but to me it isn't worth the drive unless I have other reasons to be in the area. I prefer Cumming Central park over Alexander.

Near perfect

2-4    7/10/2011   9/26/2011
Review By: sasscers7
Pros: Two concrete Ts per basket with a broom at every T. Distance and accuracy required throughout the course--only a couple of holes are wide open.

The woods were clear of undergrowth which made it easy to find your disc on any throw.
Cons: The pond is deceptively easy to throw into on #17.
Other Thoughts: I have played many courses around the US and this course is the best I have played perhaps with the exception of my "home" course at Oregon Park near Atlanta GA.

I went early on Sat and Sun mornings, so did not run into the crowds mentioned in some of the other reviews.