Lawrenceville, GA
Alexander Park Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #1 (Taken 4/2011)
Hole #1 Basket to Tee: Position A

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Simply Great Disc Golf

5+    10/20/2014   10/23/2014
Review By: kasonmoody
Pros: - Great mix of open and wooded holes.
- Great mix of long and short holes.
- A great course for experienced players, and beginners.
- Great signage, and easy to find the next holes.
- Kept up well. Course is mowed several times a week.
Cons: - Very busy park, playing with a group is more fun here. Playing by yourself can be very frustrating because you can wait for a long time before each hole.
- The county hosts many events at Alexander, which clogs the parking lots.
Other Thoughts: Solid course. Proud to call this one my home course. I try to play here at least once a week. I learn something each and every time I play here!

Decent course

5+    7/26/2014   7/28/2014
Review By: cnalbers
Pros: This is a solid beginner/intermediate course. There is a good variety of hole types (open, trees) and terrain (flat, sloped). Many of the holes are fairly short (under 250ft) from the long tee positions. All the holes except one (#9) have multiple pin positions (as many as 3). The tee pads are nice, but the shorter tees are much smaller. There is a huge parking lot.
Cons: This course favors right-handers, though pin positions have been added to offset this reality. Some areas are close to walking paths. I've actually had pedestrians try to walk off with my disc! Have lost discs in the pond on #17 and found them at Play It Again Sports... person(s) unknown seem to frequent it to sell discs. Seldom had lost disc returned at this course. Restrooms are not close. No water fountain. Can get very crowded at times.
Other Thoughts: All in all, the designers made the best with what they had to work with... this is a relatively small course, but they still managed to pack in longer holes (500+ft) in limited space. The layout is fairly intuitive and marked well. There are a couple of spots where tees and flight paths from different holes are close together. There are some landing zones close to the next tee, so extra care is needed. This is my home course and I play it 2-3 times a week.

Well Maintained Course, Avg Difficulty

5+    6/7/2014   6/9/2014
Review By: DragonVT
Pros: One of the best maintained courses I have ever played. All of the holes have markers, and most direct you to the next tee very clearly. All holes have two tees, which is great when playing with a mixed group. Great course for beginner or intermediate players.
Cons: Many holes are fairly straight shots in open fields. Course could use a little more variety, and a few more barrier trees, etc. to challenge players. I enjoy the course every time I play it, but don't often feel challenged by it.

Great Course

5+    12/14/2013   3/23/2014
Review By: DiabolicalHeel
Pros: -The course is very diverse and offers every types of shot you could want short of over a body of water. It has uphills, downhills, wooded, wide open, just a great selection of holes.
-Multiple tee pads make this course beginner friendly if you're trying to get a friend into the game that hasn't played before.
-Multiple pin placements help keep the holes fresh. If I remember correctly every hole has 3 different pin positions and all of them are interesting for that particular hole.
-The park is very clean and well maintained. There are plenty of trash cans and this course even has a broom at every hole if the tee box is too dirty for you
-The course is well cleared out on it's wooded holes. This means clear lines that are manageable and take luck out of the equation. Also means less chances to lose a disc.
Cons: -Traffic can be very heavy at times. There have been multiple times where I've found myself waiting behind groups of people
Other Thoughts: I see this course hasn't gotten great ratings from everybody but to me this is exactly what I want in a disc golf course. The course has nearly every shot, other than directly over water, and is very friendly to both beginners in veterans. I wish I still lived in the area as I loved coming to this course and I strongly suggest anyone around to give it a try. Also, just around the corner from the park is Disc Stalker, which is a a disc golf pro shop, and they have a great selection of plastic so if you need anything new you can stop by there on your way to the course. Overall just a great setup in my opinion.

Just as pretty as she plays.

5+    8/7/2013   8/13/2013
Review By: thewesticle
Pros:

- This course is gorgeous, and well-maintained.

- A great mix of wooded holes, long, wide-open bomber holes, and traditional holes with a few trees out in the fairway.

- Great tee-pads, with brooms.
Cons:

- Baskets can be a little confusing the first time you play out here, particularly around 3 & 4, and then again around 6 & 7.

- In certain positions, the baskets will be blind from the tee. While this is not a problem at all courses, Alexander's alternate tees on some of the blind holes make a dramatic difference in which route to take. Just be sure to take note of basket positions before heading into the deeper parts of the woods.

- Course can become extremely busy at times, and I've had to play behind 6-somes more than once.

Very Good Course

1    7/20/2013   7/20/2013
Review By: umeshc
Pros: I live in Athens, GA and am an intermediate player. I normally throw less than 350 feet. That being said, I love this course because most of the holes are in that range for par 3. Very well kept disc golf course. I really like the large teepads with brooms in almost all of them. A practice basket with distance info is a great plus. The wooded holes are open enough for my skill and my mid-range disc worked great. Some of the wooded holes are treacherous though. Playing from blue tee was a little bit challenging for me but I still like them because I birdied some holes and hit chains and rims several times in my birdie attempts. Overall great course for my skill level.
Cons: Not really. Driving distance from Athens.
Other Thoughts: People should visit this course at least twice to check their skill and power.

5+    4/2/2013   4/15/2013
Review By: zjones9
Pros: Well maintained course with some open and some wooded holes.
Cons: Not much distance, with the exception of a few holes. Also, the majority of the course it TOO open for my taste.
Other Thoughts: Best disc golf store in ATL less than one minute away!

Fantastic Course

5+    3/16/2013   3/18/2013
Review By: Sack
Pros: Excellent mix of long/short open/wooded shots! Well maintained! Easy to navigate! The baskets are rotated to their alternate locations regularly! Benchs and brooms at most tee boxes. All concrete pads. Several fairways and tees have been receiving cosmetic cleanup/improvements this winter/spring. Awesome! Overall, it is a great looking course that will challenge lots of your techniques!
Cons: None really. A couple of holes could use a better "next tee" sign.
Other Thoughts: Definately looks and plays like a well maintained course. Great for all skill levels. Holes 10 and 16 in the long position are my favorite tee shots in all of metro Atlanta!

Beautiful Recreational Course

1    9/19/2012   9/19/2012
Review By: Jefflogix
This review was updated on 5/9/2013
Pros: This is a great course for recreational players, although advanced amateurs and pros might get bored with large number of open shots.

There are concrete tee boxes on every hole for both short and long tees. Brooms at most holes to sweep off the concrete. Benches near most tees. All holes clearly marked with distances and hole map. Course is well-manicured, mowed. The course is mostly wide open holes, with a few holes that either start or end in the wooded section. Wooded holes are partially cleared around baskets and tees. Nice elevation changes with both uphill and downhill shots. Baskets are numbered. Only one water hazard (hole #17) where you could lose a disc.

For me, the open holes give you a chance to warm up (holes 1-3), and then give you a break from some of the wooded holes, so I personally liked the mix of open and wooded. A couple of the wooded holes had some dense trees to shoot through, but nothing insurmountable, as the holes usually opened up after the tight squeeze.
Cons: There are lots of open holes. None of the holes were absurdly challenging.

Also, I was a little confused at hole #3 because it appears to aim at the hole #4 basket. So if it is your first time, print a course map.

Parking areas are a bit of a walking distance from tee #1, especially if you park at the main park entrance. (overflow parking is closest to the course hole #1)
Other Thoughts: As a recreational level player, this course was fun and non-intimidating. I very much enjoyed it. While this is an easier course, I rate it among my favorites because the landscape is beautiful with a combination of trees and rolling meadows.

My new favorite

5+    8/18/2012   9/6/2012
Review By: Sersan43
This review was updated on 1/27/2014
Pros: Well manicured fairways.
Brooms at most tee boxes.
Pin placement changes regularly.
Multiple tee boxes on almost every hole.
Good mix of field and forest.
Good mix of technical and power drives required.
Friendliest players I've run into on any course.
Cons: It isn't closer to home.
Never can seem to get a scorecard or map at the kiosk, not really a con but just want one to have.
Other Thoughts: I was blown away the first time I played at this course. I tell all my DG friends about this course and they have since played and agreed that this course is legit!

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7