Salt Lake City, UT
University of Utah Share
Uploaded By: bdubya Hole #2 (Taken 6/2009)

University of Utah

2-4    8/21/2009   8/22/2009
Review By: successwarrior
Pros: This was a fun little par 3 course with lots of chances for birdies (not that I managed to take advantage of that fact very often but still . . .).

The tee pads were great and they were putting up new signs when we were there. I read in other reviews that the old signs weren't waterproof and were getting ruined. The new signs are metal and are very nicely done.

The front 9 have a lot more trees and the back 9 deal more with elevation.

The course used to be a golf course so by basket 2, we were already commenting on the fact that we wouldn't be losing any disks. 2 weeks ago, we played Solitude, which is just the opposite.

We were the only 2 players on the whole course, which was very nice.
Cons: There are several baskets that were pretty much a straight shot with no trees or elevation to add to the difficulty. Not that I couldn't find ways of screwing that up. #11 (I think it's 11) is just a simple straight shot along the top of a little hill. We played the course 3 times and every time I managed to either fade or skip my disk to the bottom of the hill. What should have been a simple 2 always ended up being a 3 for me as I had to take a recovery shot up the hill.

Parking, which has been mentioned in the other reviews, wasn't an issue for us because school wasn't in session. I can see how it would be a problem though where everything was permit parking except for 4 spots that had meters.
Other Thoughts: The university was doing construction the day that we were there. Baskets 6 - 9 were gone. Supposedly they were going to be back up by 8/14/09 but that wasn't the case.