Crown Point, IN
Lemon Lake County Park - White Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #8 (Taken 5/2012)
3 / 230ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

White Course

5+    9/3/2009   9/15/2009
Review By: Bart
Pros: Beginner friendly course that is tight and technical. Although all the holes are dueceable I have not heard of any 18 unders. Best score I've heard has been a 15 and that was in doubles.
Cons: It is not done yet.
Other Thoughts: This course was opened in April of 2009. I had the pleasure to be one of the design team. This was the 4th course we installed at Lemon Lake and we were mandated by the parks department to A) make this a beginner friendly course and B) start the course and end the course by what will one day be the pro shop.

This course is the most popular course of the four found at Lemon Lake for our growing number of local beginners. As the course is only 6 months old it is still a work in progress. We've added signage and all concrete teepads and I've personally removed all the poison ivy I could find (I don't react to the stuff). We have longer tees/pin placements either in the ground or in the works for almost every hole. Hole 1 and 18 will be getting landscaping makeovers in the near future. The area these 2 holes share was a wooded scrubland that the parks department cleared for the install. We are discussing the landscape design that will finalize these 2 holes.

I use this course to polish my mid-range game. If my time is limited I can get a pretty quick 18 holes in and be on my way. Check out the videos link for a peek at some of the course.