Georgetown, CA
Georgetown School DGC Share
Uploaded By: humchris85 Hole #5 (Taken 7/2009)

My home course

5+    8/18/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: Blazer530
Pros: An easy short course built for the kids at the school to learn disc golf. There are alot of trees and they definatly add some difficulty to what would be an otherwise easy course. There are Innova baskets on all 9 holes. In the springtime it's nice and green around, and in the fall the oaks leaves turn yellow making it quite beautiful. There are 2 holes on the course that you can get a good throw on, and they are the last ones.
Cons: Short holes with not much challenge. There used to be a nice man made creek that was around hole 6's pin, but they covered it up, making an otherwise fun hole boring.
Other Thoughts: Good for the kids, but us adults can only play it after school is out or durring summers or weekends.

Compact Space

1    1/29/2010   1/30/2010
Review By: renotahoedg
Pros: * New Baskets
* Signs showing distance
* Decent mix of short and medium lengths
* Mostly tight technical, but still a couple open holes for those that can throw for distance.
* You wil have the course to yourself
* Quiet and scenic despite being near a school and government buildings
Cons: * Some holes overlap each other (although, if you're the only one playing, who cares)
* Dirt tee pads. No real marking as to the throw line, dimensions, etc.
* Signs have no map (but it is so small, that it was not much of a problem finding the correct basket)
* Bathroom is used as an obstacle (OB?) on two of the holes, which is a potential for injury to innocent bystanders.
Other Thoughts: This course is proof positive that you can squeeze 9 holes anywhere. The total area of the entire course cannot be more than 300' x 1,000' and I think that I am being generous. You can litterly stand in the middle and turn in a circle and see every basket. This works in this instance as I don't think that it gets busy.

It sits next to a school, so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to play as I went during school hours, but it is out of sight and far enough away that it was not an issue.

If I lived around this area, I would definately play it regularly, however, it is probably not worth the drive if you don't live near by. The distances shown on maps are deceiving as the roads are narrow and winding so it takes longer than you think. I can mark it as played now, but I don't think that I will ever return (2 1/2 hours from my house).

I will upload a few basket pics in a bit.