Well, there's the river
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: You come to Bellamy for one reason, to shoot over the roaring river. The first tee is just yards from a ripping river. On the one hand, any disc that fails to make it across is gone. On the other, it's not that far across. But it is definitely exciting.
You have to trek aways to get to the bridge where people can make a dry crossing before you can claim your successful drive and approach the basket. It's a victory march of sorts. After that however, the course doesn't have much left that marks it as a serious contender.
Cons: The river, used to such awesome extent on hole one, is never used well again. Its in the backdrop a few times, but the biggest impact it has is on the hole where you must throw essentially across a very mucky fairway.
There are one or two other spots where you could end up in the river but are much more likely to toss an errant throw in the section of woods that keeps the river from being a significant obstacle.
Other than that, there's not a ton of interesting holes. They're woodsy but not too difficult. There's a few that play awkwardly through what seems to be someone's backyard.
Other Thoughts: A few holes are really nice ace runs for a RHFH thrower, which I appreciate.
Beyond that, the only holes I wanted to replay were 12-18. It's a solid course with one memorable hole, but noting else will stick in your mind.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: • Nice mix of technical and simple holes
• It's a course that is all about putting it through a window, and not hitting the tree.
• Looks like some work was done on the course, the map show holes reused and baskets used more then once that was not the case there where 18 holes. I was pleasantly surprised.
• Free to play and easy to get to
Cons: • Natural tee boxes are a mess, they are boxed in like the plan was to pour slabs but they fill it with dirt, one hole was pour slab, recommend continuing.
• The front nine had trash all over it.
• There seems to be a lot of clean up left, lots 2 -3 foot twigs all over the course my guess is from the ice storm.
• I would like to see some longer holes, most where in the 250 - 350 range.
Other Thoughts: As a 1st time player on this course I got lost a few times, also had to ask myself what tee or basket do I use. The1st tee box is hard to find but if you read review before going you will know its by the parking lot
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.