Georgetown, SC
East Bay Park Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #6 (Taken 11/2009)

Homer Review

5+    5/17/2013   5/19/2013
Review By: DNewq
Pros: - Love the setting of this course. Beautiful views of Winyah Bay.
- Layout works well with available land.
- Recently installed tee markers (short and long) makes it easier to navigate than before.
- Rarely are there other players so it is a peaceful place to play.
- Does not take long to play, which can be good if you are short on time.
- Lots of ace run opportunities (I have only hit one in ~100 rounds) but still makes it fun
Cons: - Frequently the course can be wet during high tide and after heavy rain.
- If you hate wind, you wont like it here. It is easily the biggest challenge here when it is blowing (makes for great practice)
- Sometimes there are non disc golf players who don't realize there is a course there and will walk their dog around, or setup a picnic. (infrequent, but does happen)
Other Thoughts: - I live right in Georgetown, so I can walk to the course. Perfect place for me to play a quick round and get some practice.
- Sure it is not an elite course, but is perfectly suited for someone who lives nearby to get some practice in. I love it for that.
- I hope the town continues to support it to some degree. The baskets are okay for now, but they could use replacements within 2-3 years.
- East Bay Park is near downtown Georgetown which is a great area for walking around, having a drink or dinner. I am so glad this course is here, hence my relatively high rating.