9 Helpful / 0 Not
Holy Thick Rough Batman!
Pros: - Playground, pavilions, grills, volleyball, multiple baseball fields, horse shoes & a decorative tank =) I think there was also tennis and a few other things present. So good place to bring the family.
- Bathrooms located at the playground
- Accurate Map but the map and the tee signs just don't illustrate well the width of these tight wooded fairways
- Multiple Tees
- Natural tees are in decent condition in the dry season, just a little uneven
- Very nice Tee Signs
- Baskets are in excellent condition and well labeled
- Nice counter-clockwise flow. Hole #1 starts at the parking lot and Hole #9 ends somewhat near the parking lot.
- The course starts out open, then enters the extremely thick woods, then ends out in the open. Add the nice water hazard in there and this course has a bit of everything. The more technical wooded shots can become very tight and you will need a mix of shots to stay out of the rough.
- This is a pretty course. The landscape is a bit flat but the scenery has some nicely wooded areas and the park is a great place to pass some time and have fun.
- 3300' for 9 holes. 7 of the 9 holes are over 300' from the Blue Tees. Great distances and because of the multiple tees, you can choose the shorter route if you like.
- The disc golf area is set away from the park so even if it is very busy, you should have little interference from the non-disc'ers. Also, even though I only played it once, the course does not seem to get much disc golfer traffic.
Cons: - A few Blue Tees were missing the kickboard so we had no idea where they were
- Could use some more Next Tee Signs. Navigation may be a little confusing your first time out, more so in the woods even with defined fairways.
- The rough was just too dense and thick and adds too much risk for the reward factor. This unfortunately was a very important Con in my overall rating and my group also agreed that it was too much.
- Even though the upkeep seems decent, the course could have certainly used a good mowing in the woods and the rough was beginning to grow into the fairways and make it an even tighter tunnel to get down.
- A bench or two would be an outstanding addition to this course
Other Thoughts: - The course was challenging and it has a high risk/reward factor that you really need to think about before many of the throws
- Hole #5 was the most challenging hole. Mostly because the fairway is exceedingly small and the rough is insanely thick and has begun to group out into the fairway. Along with that, the fairway zig-zags. Just a tough hole, blind basket and all. Even after playing the hole I still have no clue what throw would be best off the tee. Hole #3 deserves Honorable Mention in the 'challenging ' category. #3 starts out in the open and enters the woods through a very small opening and twists and turn down a tight tunnel to the left to reach the blind basket.
- My favorite hole is #9. Just a fantastically fun time to drive from the Blue Tee here and wrap your drive around the water. The creek here provides an awesome obstacle and also a pretty view of the landscape. A fun challenge and it was hands down, the best hole on the course.
- I tried to rate this course as objectively as I could but it was hard to hide my disappointment. I had high hopes for this course but there were just too many Cons and my group and I decided to actually not even play the second round we had planned. This is a course that I was happy to play once but because there are better courses in the area, I do not plan to head back to Tank Run for quite some time. If the fairways were widened by quite a few feet in the woods and if all the Blue Tees were defined better, this course would be one that I would surely hit every year. Lots of potential here!
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Small, enjoyable course
Pros: -3 sets of tees, with the red being beginner friendly, the whites easy at times but offer a bit of challenge, and the blues fairly tough at some points but not too difficult over all.
-Decent shot variety. There are holes that are pretty open but still have enough trees to knock your drives down, while the wooded holes will test your accuracy more.
-The baskets are very new, and on many of the holes are on a small mound of mulch which is a nice touch.
-The holes are fun to throw, and a lot of them offer different possible routes to the basket.
Cons: -The wooded holes have serious vegetation off the fairways that can make it easy to lose a disc and not find it.
-Teesigns have been ripped off the posts on about half the holes.
-Not much elevation in play.
-Rarely ever played by anyone, so don't expect to find other players out for a pick-up game. Can be a pro if you're the type that enjoys playing alone.
Other Thoughts: Tank Run is a fun 9 hole course, but it's nothing outstanding. The holes are enjoyable, and start with two pretty open holes to let loose on, then you'll be throwing through tighter gaps like on 3, 4 and 5. If you can avoid the overgrown rough and the water, it's a good time.
I recommend checking out Minerva and / or Louisville DGC if you stop by Tank Run. Minvera is a bit further east and Louisville is North.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Nice technical course. This looks to be a work in progress but has the potential to be a really nice course. I love the in and out of woods there is. The first hole was hard to figure out but after that it was an easy lay out to follow.
Cons: Fairways are really narrow. The rough is really super high. I don't even think a weed whacker is adequate enough. Maybe try a machete or sickle.
Other Thoughts: I did enjoy the course and look forward to playing again and seeing the improvements as they are made.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Very nice baskets . Several Very challenging holes. Tees are marked by 2x4 in the ground. White = far, Blue=short, Red for both..( Im only assuming)
Cons: Very high weeds and briars on 3,4,5,6. Bugs!!
Other Thoughts: As of right now. Good shots will be rewarded, Errant shots will be severely penalized. I would suggest wearing pants your first time out.
Hole 3 is very short, plays about 100 ft then is does a complete hook around some high bushes.
Hole 9 was my favorite. 2 tees plays directly across a river . the water is about 4 to 5ft deep in the middle. I tested it...with my driver .
Course still seems to be a work in progress. I guess this is supposed an 18 eventually.
Amenities include Walking path, playground ,pavilions,bathrooms. Nice park overall
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.