Chaska, MN
Uploaded By: erickmj

Character is Everything

1    8/26/2012   8/26/2012
Review By: pnlong
Pros: Bob is just an all around great guy. My son and I called the number, and he answered right away and helped us get there. Then he walked the whole course with my 9-year old son and I to show us every hole and how it plays.

He handed us a score card located in the barn (very clean, doubles as a club-house and looks as if they have ho-downs in there on occasion, as there are tables, chairs and music stands), and when I asked if we should pay, if laughed and said not at all.

He played behind us, and helped us out along the way. He was an all-around gentleman.

The course is extremely well maintained, and has a ton of character. The tight corridors made by the wind break trees make it very challenging, but not overly grueling. Bob has a story for every hole, and it's was so interesting to hear how he developed the course, and even what his future plans are.
Cons: There isn't a lot of shade, and the day we played it was pretty hot. the first three holes are pretty short and not very challenging--but Bob will tell you to get your birdies on these holes because the others present interesting challenges that can kill your score. He was right!
Other Thoughts: I've already said it, but Bob is really welcoming--I think my son and I are going to join the Monday night league next season.

Course Review

2-4    8/2/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: Justin D'Heilly
Pros: This is a great family friendly course. The holes are surrounded by farm land and animals. The owners are very welcoming and are glad to help you out if its your first time. In addition, Bob's rock path turned out real nice. (you will see when you get there what i mean)
Cons: Althought this course is one of my favorites its a long drive from St. Paul (30 min). If you are in the area this is a good place to hit up. However if your looking for a day of disc golf there are a number of courses you pass on your way down there you can hit up.
Other Thoughts: The farm animals are cool and the cats are real friendly.

5+    7/13/2009   7/20/2009
Review By: Mommawannathrow
Pros: Bob has to be the nicest person, ever! I love the bucolic setting of the Farm, the animals, the friendly vibe from the owner
Cons: the cat caddies can't carry my bag?
Other Thoughts: Monday men's and Tuesday women's leagues are the highlights of my week.

Short Private Course

5+    6/20/2009   6/23/2009
Review By: widespread55
Pros: This course is privately owned by one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I just called him up one day and he told me to come out and when I did, he played a round with me.

Course has 10 pretty short holes. I would say the average hole is under 200ft. Although it plays short, it demands about every different throw you got. Its mostly open on 8 of the holes, but the last two holes along the lake are heavily wooded. The mach 5 baskets are in excelent condition and the course is well groomed. He even has a sweet clubhouse set up in a old barn. You can borrow discs and find a scorecard there.
Cons: No chance at long drives. The tee boxes are a mix of gravel and grass. Pins are in really tight areas, so not a lot of room for putting on about half of the holes. Its kind of out in the middle of nowhere, which I kind of like but some people may not.
Other Thoughts: Call Robert Downs! He will play a round with you!