Athens, TN
Athens Regional Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: DGphanatic Hole #7 (Taken 8/2010)
3 / 200ft.   3 / 255ft.   3 / 275ft.   3 / 330ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Pro Tee

Underrated

1    3/13/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: retleftolc
Pros: Variety
Cons: 9 holes
Other Thoughts: The amount of shots that must be used here to throw a low round is great. Too many course allow a big arm to take advantage of routes no available to all. I normally get to take advantage of those lines, but here you are made to eliminate that line on several holes.

Beautiful day on a beautiful course

1    5/10/2011   5/10/2011
Review By: ChronoDisc
Pros: It is a very good course for both beginners and more advanced players. It gives you the option of 2 tees and 2 baskets on most of the holes. The scenery is very nice and I felt like I was in a park not buried in the leftover wooded areas. It was a nice casual play as each hole had its different challenges but none of them were too particularly difficult. This course was very nicely designed.
Cons: It is only 9 holes. Sometimes I had to step back and really look for the next tee, hole 3 was a very good example of this.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely be playing here again. Company is always welcome just shoot me a message and we can hit the place up. I also lost a grey eagle in the shrubery on hole 4--finders keepers =)

update on regional

5+    3/16/2010   3/17/2010
Review By: DGphanatic
This review was updated on 7/11/2010
Pros: Hole 1 and 2 are nice warm up grip and rip shots to get your arm in the groove. Hole 3 is a tight thread in between a huge tree and a creek. Hole 4 is another grip and rip with some trees in play from the long tee and could possibly play from creek if errant shot. Hole 5 is across the road and plays across the pond. Hole 6 plays parallel to the pond and the tree line to the left. Baskets are tucked away in the tree line to the left. Hole 7 is across the parking lot and in the woods. Plays uphill and if you can flick it good, it seems to work the best. Hole 8 is a monster and plays longer than stated on the sign. Hole 9 is elevated and downhill to the baskets. Yellow basket is far to the left.
Other Thoughts: I play here all the time and have gotten many discs out of the pond and creek. If you have lost a prized disc or just a personal fav and want it back bad. Email me at jessklaaren@yahoo.com and give me details on where it is and what kind of disc it is and I will do my damnist to get it for you and get it back to you. My name is Donovan.