9 Holes You'll Play Over and Over Again!
2 Helpful / 1 Not
- Easy course to navigate. There are small signs throughout the entirety of the course which clearly display the current hole, and the hole next to come is never far away.
- Multiple tees and baskets for every hole; 5 different options of play!
- Tees and baskets are in perfect condition.
- Know your bag well, you will need every disc in it. Prepare to drive both forehand and backhand.
- Players of every skill level will find this course both challenging and fun.
- Beautiful aesthetics and free of litter.
- Grass and foliage have been well maintained.
- Lightly wooded holes shift to heavily wooded for Holes #7-9. Great variety!
- As it is a small course in a small city, I can assume this course is rather crowded on a sunny Friday or Saturday afternoon.
- The pond on Hole #6 is big and deep. It can be a doozy, and potentially a lost disc, if you don't play your drive safe.
- The center hub of the park is a large baseball complex. For most holes, be aware of cars driving by.
Other Thoughts: I have played many courses in the greater Chattanooga area, especially 9-hole courses, and I must say this is one of (if not THE) best one of them all. It may be a bit of a drive out to Athens, but playing all 9 holes two times through is well worth it. With multiple tee and basket options, you are free to play to the challenge degree of your choice. I certainly recommend this course to players of all skill levels, and personally look forward to returning myself.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Cons: 9 holes
Other Thoughts: The amount of shots that must be used here to throw a low round is great. Too many course allow a big arm to take advantage of routes no available to all. I normally get to take advantage of those lines, but here you are made to eliminate that line on several holes.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Beautiful day on a beautiful course
Pros: It is a very good course for both beginners and more advanced players. It gives you the option of 2 tees and 2 baskets on most of the holes. The scenery is very nice and I felt like I was in a park not buried in the leftover wooded areas. It was a nice casual play as each hole had its different challenges but none of them were too particularly difficult. This course was very nicely designed.
Cons: It is only 9 holes. Sometimes I had to step back and really look for the next tee, hole 3 was a very good example of this.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely be playing here again. Company is always welcome just shoot me a message and we can hit the place up. I also lost a grey eagle in the shrubery on hole 4--finders keepers =)
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
update on regional
Pros: Hole 1 and 2 are nice warm up grip and rip shots to get your arm in the groove. Hole 3 is a tight thread in between a huge tree and a creek. Hole 4 is another grip and rip with some trees in play from the long tee and could possibly play from creek if errant shot. Hole 5 is across the road and plays across the pond. Hole 6 plays parallel to the pond and the tree line to the left. Baskets are tucked away in the tree line to the left. Hole 7 is across the parking lot and in the woods. Plays uphill and if you can flick it good, it seems to work the best. Hole 8 is a monster and plays longer than stated on the sign. Hole 9 is elevated and downhill to the baskets. Yellow basket is far to the left.
Other Thoughts: I play here all the time and have gotten many discs out of the pond and creek. If you have lost a prized disc or just a personal fav and want it back bad. Email me at email@example.com and give me details on where it is and what kind of disc it is and I will do my damnist to get it for you and get it back to you. My name is Donovan.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.