Coon Rapids, IA
Coon Rapids DGC Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita Hole #2 (Taken 8/2010)
3 / 270ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

great small town course

1    12/10/2010   12/10/2010
Review By: pspunch
Pros: Great elevation changes
Good basket locations
Even if you shank it you can still recover

As a newer player I felt very comfortable on this course. We only got to play through once but it wasn't that hard to figure out. You do have to run up to the baskets from time to time to make sure it's the right one, but it's pretty straight forward.
Cons: baskets could use clearer markings, paint the sign post and the basket post the same color or something.

extend a couple of the holes. the course felt short, most tee pads were between 215 and 300 feet. But the elevation makes up for this a little
Other Thoughts: Overall I thought it was a fun course. I'll definitely hit it up in the future if I'm in the area. I don't think it took much over an hour to complete.

1    8/17/2010   8/18/2010
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: Decent Variety of shots. A variety of trees and reasonable elevation challenged my shot selection well enough.

Well maintained. At least the area surrounding and including the course was clean, mowed, and overall looked nice.

Amenities. A swimming pool with restrooms, picnic shelter and ample parking on site.
Cons: Navigation. Each tee sign seemed to be facing a different direction, though there was a vague description of the hole on the map, I had a difficult time figuring out which basket related to each tee without inspecting the baskets for numbers first (most of the baskets had numbers).

Tees. The tee signs all existed, but most of them were leaning at an angle and facing a strange direction (resulting in difficult navigation), not much maintenance is directed at the course I don't think (the baskets also show wear).

Short. This park could offer enough room for at least one longer hole, no such luck.
Other Thoughts: An Ok place to practice, I wouldn't go out of the way for it, but if this is the only place to cure your DG itch, it's worth a stop. Hole 9 I believe has some sort of CatCHING basket.