Albany, MN
Uploaded By: erickmj

Surprisingly enjoyable

2-4    7/26/2013   8/10/2013
Review By: joelwpg
Pros: I really enjoyed this course more than I though I would from a couple of the reviews. The park uses its features well and the dual tees make a decent 18 out of a park with space for 9. It had a surprising variety of shots. Long and short holes, elevation changes and shorter technical shots. A few open/easy shots but enough trees to satisfy. Hole #18 is a beauty!
The layout is fairly well done, but there is a course map near hole #1 which i recommend taking a picture of or studying well, it will help.
The baskets and concrete tee pads are all top notch. Parking lot is right by hole #1
Cons: Not the most difficult of courses , but perfect for the intermediate player like myself looking for a fun round. A few more trees on some of the holes could improve this course quite a bit.
Wind seems to be a factor here.
Other Thoughts: Will be back to play this course again! This course was great as is, but could be better.
Not sure how i felt about hole 6/15 (apparently the signature hole?)

Great 9

2-4    8/30/2009   8/30/2009
Review By: Guurn
This review was updated on 7/2/2010
Pros: This is a 9 hole course over gently rolling hills in a nicely mowed multi use park. Each hole has 2 concrete teepads with distances and basic layout marked on pretty good quality signage. The layout is very good and seems directed at the beginner and intermediate player, although I had a lot of fun also. If I lived near it I would be happy to have it as my home course.

The holes vary wildly in distance and only 3, or 6 if you are counting both teepads, play similar to each other. The holes vary from the 510' uphill or 620' foot downhill to a nice little 227' accuracy shot. It definitely encourages creativity in shot making and a nice accurate (straight) drive. Hole 18 was probably my favorite. 514' over a potential stream with a bridge and through a bunch of trees. Very picturesque and fun.

This is the best course to take your intermediate level friends to that I have played. When I play a new course I ask myself 3 things. Is it fun, was it challenging, and was it unfair. The course passes with flying colors.
Cons: It is not really intended for an advanced level player or pro but I think they would appreciate it anyhow. Even without a putter (I forgot it at Hidden Lake earlier) I thought some of the holes were fairly easy. A few trees or bushes added here and there would help that.

There are no waste baskets or benches. I am not including that in my score for the review but it worries me. I noticed some garbage here and there and although I picked some up I hope people pick up after themselves so we can keep this gem.
Other Thoughts: The parking lot is adequate and hole one starts near it. There is a course map and scorecards on the way to hole 1 and it is worth a look because in some places it can be confusing.

It also has a really small skatepark and basketball court as well as a playground for the kids and tennis courts.

Long 9 hole course

1    7/2/2009   7/6/2009
Review By: slash87
Pros: This has many longer holes so you don't have to hold back on many holes. All tee pads are concrete and recently poured. There are mature trees and you stay far enough away from others using the park.
Cons: There can be a lot of distance between holes. This is only a nine hole course with short and long tees.
Other Thoughts: Hole hole 6/15 is the signature hole. It is a long fun hole that is straight, then turns 90 degrees to the right then after another 50 turns another 90 degrees to the left. It is heavily wooded on both sides. When I played this the park department asked me which trees I thought should be removed. So there might be a few changes in the next few weeks on the hole.

Not really 18 holes

1    7/1/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: d4nk
Pros: Nice clean course, well maintained fairways. Concrete Tees, quality baskets. Good Variety of Holes.
Cons: Not really 18 holes.
There are nine baskets labeled twice...
There are short and long tees for each hole but I don't think that makes it a 18 hole course, but still it is a decent course worth playing two times!
Other Thoughts: Don't go on a windy day!