Albany, MN
Uploaded By: erickmj

Surprisingly enjoyable

2-4    7/26/2013   8/10/2013
Review By: joelwpg
Pros: I really enjoyed this course more than I though I would from a couple of the reviews. The park uses its features well and the dual tees make a decent 18 out of a park with space for 9. It had a surprising variety of shots. Long and short holes, elevation changes and shorter technical shots. A few open/easy shots but enough trees to satisfy. Hole #18 is a beauty!
The layout is fairly well done, but there is a course map near hole #1 which i recommend taking a picture of or studying well, it will help.
The baskets and concrete tee pads are all top notch. Parking lot is right by hole #1
Cons: Not the most difficult of courses , but perfect for the intermediate player like myself looking for a fun round. A few more trees on some of the holes could improve this course quite a bit.
Wind seems to be a factor here.
Other Thoughts: Will be back to play this course again! This course was great as is, but could be better.
Not sure how i felt about hole 6/15 (apparently the signature hole?)

Great 9

2-4    8/30/2009   8/30/2009
Review By: Guurn
This review was updated on 7/2/2010
Pros: This is a 9 hole course over gently rolling hills in a nicely mowed multi use park. Each hole has 2 concrete teepads with distances and basic layout marked on pretty good quality signage. The layout is very good and seems directed at the beginner and intermediate player, although I had a lot of fun also. If I lived near it I would be happy to have it as my home course.

The holes vary wildly in distance and only 3, or 6 if you are counting both teepads, play similar to each other. The holes vary from the 510' uphill or 620' foot downhill to a nice little 227' accuracy shot. It definitely encourages creativity in shot making and a nice accurate (straight) drive. Hole 18 was probably my favorite. 514' over a potential stream with a bridge and through a bunch of trees. Very picturesque and fun.

This is the best course to take your intermediate level friends to that I have played. When I play a new course I ask myself 3 things. Is it fun, was it challenging, and was it unfair. The course passes with flying colors.
Cons: It is not really intended for an advanced level player or pro but I think they would appreciate it anyhow. Even without a putter (I forgot it at Hidden Lake earlier) I thought some of the holes were fairly easy. A few trees or bushes added here and there would help that.

There are no waste baskets or benches. I am not including that in my score for the review but it worries me. I noticed some garbage here and there and although I picked some up I hope people pick up after themselves so we can keep this gem.
Other Thoughts: The parking lot is adequate and hole one starts near it. There is a course map and scorecards on the way to hole 1 and it is worth a look because in some places it can be confusing.

It also has a really small skatepark and basketball court as well as a playground for the kids and tennis courts.