Center Barnstead, NH
Woods at Beauty Hill - Lynx Share
Uploaded By: justin Hole #11 (Taken 9/2011)
3 / 137ft.   3 / 257ft.   3 / 257ft.   3 / 310ft. Par / Distance:

Not my bag.

2-4    6/19/2008   3/19/2009
Review By: ShortBusDiscGolf
Pros: Beautiful landscape, loads of nature, and clean smelling air. Nice rolling terrain on an Awesome plot of land. Loaner discs for the first timers.
Cons: I'm not a fan of the TOYS'R'US baskets. Natural tee pads don't go very far in my book either. I also think that a strong change in course layout(on just a few holes) would be well in order. You can tell that these people meant well, they just need some guidance.
Other Thoughts: I found some good food at the little gas station at the last 4-way before the course.

3/25/2008   3/25/2008
Review By: gwillim
Pros: -Beautiful scenery
-Decent elevation
-Discs available for borrow
-Not crowded
-Local league to participate in
Cons: -Crappy, crappy, crappy baskets
-Unrealistic fairways on a few holes
-Not a good course to bring first timers on
Other Thoughts: Beauty Hill is a very aesthetic course. There are some fun holes, and some really frustrating holes. I don't really know how to describe it. A ton of work went into the course to get the fairways going, but some of them are still ridiculous.

For instance, you can't make a hole with 20' wide fairways that goes on a straight line for 300 and something feet, then makes a right turn and goes on for another 300 or so feet. That's just not good course design, and it isn't fun.

Other than 4 or 5 holes that were like that, the other holes were quite nice. I enjoy tight courses as long as they are still manageable, and this course has that potential, but it's got a lot of work to go still.

Also, the baskets must be replaced for this to be considered a serious course. I'm sure getting Mach Vs was totally cost prohibitive for the owners of the land, but trying to play on Instep $50 baskets is really frustrating.

Beauty woods has the potential to be a 4.5 out of 5 course, and I hope someday it reaches that level.

***************NOTE******************
I played this course in July of 2007. If any of my criticisms have been improved since then, I apologize.
****************************************