Aiken, SC
Perry Memorial Park Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #2 (Taken 11/2011)
-- / -- Par / Distance:

It's better than nothing!

1    11/26/2009   11/30/2009
Review By: atl scott
Pros: It's better than nothing!
Nice baskets (except the one that was all bent up)
Cons: Only 9 holes
No parking (I parked on the side of the road)
No teepads
No trees cleared
Whole course on 1/2 or maybe 1 acre wooded lot
No variety or elevation
No distance
"No trespassing" during school hours
Other Thoughts: I decided to drive to Aiken and play their two 9 hole courses one afternoon while I was in Augusta. When I arrived here I had to drive around for 5 minutes trying to figure out where to park. I decided not to park at the adjacent (middle?) school and just parked on the side of the road in the fairway of hole 8.

The whole course was laid out on a tiny parcel of land (the size of a large backyard) and had 9 holes placed somewhat where there seemed to be gaps in the trees that led to them. We could find no semblance of teepads or worn areas so we made them up where we thought they were supposed to be based on the direction the number on the basket was pointing and proximity to the previous basket.

There couldn't have been any holes over 240' and most were probably less than 150'. Most were straight shots through narrowish gaps.

I am glad the school or whoever has gone to the trouble to put the course in for the students but I wouldn't go out of my way to play this course again. Just set up your temp basket in the yard and have some fun instead!