Milton, WI
Hidden Valley DGC Share
Uploaded By: notapro Hole #1 (Taken 6/2011)
4 / 350ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Hey it is something

1    4/11/2010   4/11/2010
Pros: 1) It is a disc golf course.

2) Elevation and rolling valley holes. Hidden Valley is actually two valleys and 1 ridge with two baskets tucked up on top. You play down one valley, back up the ridge and then back down the other valley again, finishing back up the ridge one last time.

3) Probably never very busy.

4) I think they have maps or scorecards in the office, but since it was closed I couldnt get one.

5) Beginner friendly because of the complete lack of trees.

6) Turf is in awesome condition, must be the lush farmland this park was built on!
Cons: 1) No baskets, tone poles with 4 chains close to the poles. I have never seen nor played on these before. I guess as long as you hit anything metal it counts???

2) No real trees in play, just 9 poles in a large rolling field.

3) No teepads, so just throw from the previous pole.

4) Boring except for the elevation changes.

5) No tee signs listing distance, perhaps that is on the maps and scorecard they supposeduly have in the office.
Other Thoughts: I drove to this course not expecting to play, but it was on my way from Lustig to Stoughton Kiwanis, and when I saw the chain at the gate on the ground I drove in. Noone at the front office, nobody around, so I parked and played quickly so as not to get caught. I could have explained my way out of it if I needed to. I played it anyways just to add to my courses played and get another first review!!! I am a greedy bastard gunning for Diamond so shoot me a thumbs up!!!! Remember I played it so you don't have to.

There really isn't much to be said for this course because it is so basic. Sure the elevation and rolling terrain is fun, but it is just a grip and rip course with no real challenge except to throw as far as you can. I cannot rate it at 1/2 disc though because it is well taken care of, the turf is wonderful and it still could be fun if you are in the right mindset. It is not in disrepair like the other courses I have rated lower than 1 disc.

This course is not listed as private on this site, but I doubt they get many non RV users to ask to play, I do wonder if they would be ok with it. I did not want to be told I couldn't play it so I just went ahead on my own.