5 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Course is set in an open area of an RV park, in between the road and some forest. Plays sort of near a baseball diamond, and an entrance road - possible interference.
- Biggest pro at this course is a good sized hill that is included on many shots. #1 is a hill-to-hill shot, with good rollaway potential. #2 is a short downhill, and there are three more uphill shots on #5, #7, and #9. This isn't a slight incline, it's a serious gradient. Adds a huge amount of challenge, especially to the little arms. Downhill shots are fun too.
- Some trees are also in play here, blocking the fairway in some spots. Either go around, or attempt to hit the gaps in between. Holes vary from a few to worry about, to some big pines that force a big RHBH anny (#8), or a downhill hyzer (#6). They are well used, without a doubt.
- Awesome variety in hole length, there are a few ace runs (two under 150') as well as some legitimate bombers (two over 400', and another at 590'!). Big arms will love the chance to air one waaaay out here.
- No teepads, just grass. Targets are in awesome shape (not baskets, see pics). Navigation is a breeze.
Cons: - Biggest con here is the scarcity of woods/trees. What they had to work with was used magnificently, but there are still a lot of wide, wide open shots to be found here.
- Some possible interference in the layout, you have to drive past a basket at one part, but I really don't see that being an issue with the low frequency of discers (I would have to imagine it is never, ever busy).
Other Thoughts: - Wow, this was not what I expected!!! Some brutal holes here, like the 590' RHBH anny around a row of trees, and a blind uphill shot between two pines. Some short and fun ace runs, one right down a steep hill, and some other ones right in between. The targets are high quality as well, tone targets (that are LOUD) with some hanging chains. Did not detract from my experience one bit. If I ever buy an RV, I'm coming here. Employees let me play for free, and gave me a scorecard, pencil, and a smile.
- I think this would be a fun course for anyone once; maybe a bit long for beginners, and a bit open for more experienced players.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.