Taylor Lake Village, TX
Taylor Lake Village DGC Share
Uploaded By: ChrisMacG Hole #11 (Taken 10/2009)

Long challenging course

2-4    10/14/2009   10/15/2009
Review By: Ringo Desthstar
Pros: Good course layout, it flows pretty well from hole to hole. I like how there are big open holes to compliment the shorter ones wtih trees. Hole #11 is the most cool hole with an long shot over a marsh to the green. There isn't a lot of elevation in the park but what there is is used pretty well. The guys I played with told me hole 18 is an island hole that you have to hit from the tee box and I thought that was a cool idea. My favorite holes include #4, #6, #10, #11, #12, #13 and #18. This course is worth the 15 mile drive for me.
Cons: The tee boxes are going to turn into ruts if they don't put something in. Holes 14-17 all seem pretty similar. The mosquitoes at the park were pretty bad. Twice while playing a dog came over and picked up a disc from our group. Also there was a lot of dog crap on the grass around hole #13.
Other Thoughts: This course is most similar to MacGregor park in terms of difficulty. I like that there isn't much thik underbrush because I hate looking fro my discs when there are sticker bushes. I hear they are putting in three sets of tees so maybe the people who think this course is too easy/hard will like ti more with more appropiate tees for thier skill.

Definately one of the best new courses in the area. Way better than the coruses at Tom Bass park.