Taylor Lake Village, TX
Taylor Lake Village DGC Share
Uploaded By: ChrisMacG Hole #7 (Taken 10/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Long challenging course

2-4    10/14/2009   10/15/2009
Review By: Ringo Desthstar
Pros: Good course layout, it flows pretty well from hole to hole. I like how there are big open holes to compliment the shorter ones wtih trees. Hole #11 is the most cool hole with an long shot over a marsh to the green. There isn't a lot of elevation in the park but what there is is used pretty well. The guys I played with told me hole 18 is an island hole that you have to hit from the tee box and I thought that was a cool idea. My favorite holes include #4, #6, #10, #11, #12, #13 and #18. This course is worth the 15 mile drive for me.
Cons: The tee boxes are going to turn into ruts if they don't put something in. Holes 14-17 all seem pretty similar. The mosquitoes at the park were pretty bad. Twice while playing a dog came over and picked up a disc from our group. Also there was a lot of dog crap on the grass around hole #13.
Other Thoughts: This course is most similar to MacGregor park in terms of difficulty. I like that there isn't much thik underbrush because I hate looking fro my discs when there are sticker bushes. I hear they are putting in three sets of tees so maybe the people who think this course is too easy/hard will like ti more with more appropiate tees for thier skill.

Definately one of the best new courses in the area. Way better than the coruses at Tom Bass park.

Great Local Course

5+    10/14/2009   10/15/2009
Review By: Hostel
This review was updated on 2/4/2010
Pros: I am mostly happy that we have a close by 18 hole course now. I do like the signature island hole the most but I like the challenge the other holes have to offer. Layouts of most of the holes force players that want to finish at par or under to use different throws. Shooting the same way on every hole will make you pay in strokes. The park is great considering there is almost no non disc golfers at anytime and there are two nice bathroom buildings located in good spots for the course.
Cons: Mostly I hate the walk from basket to tee on some holes. I especially do not like hole 6 because water holds easily in spots leading up to this hole and on the fairway of hole 6 as well. Normally this wouldn't bother me too much, but after dealing with mud and water on the first holes then the openess, and length of hole 6 and the long walk from the basket to tee 7. Dont get me wrong though, hole 6 is great when the course is dry because it adds to the challenge of making you throw a little different than whats usual of most holes (usually on a hole you don't need to try and throw as far on the second throw as you did on the first). Also the mesquitoes are horrible out there in warm weather.
Other Thoughts: I hoped this course would be better than it is at first but TLV DGC has grown on me. Now I play this course just as much as Mac Gregor and for me that is saying a lot because both courses are about the same distance from where I live and the people I play with are always at the Mac. When I finish 18 holes on most courses I want to play again but not here. This course for me is for some reason way more exhuasting than any other course that I play in Houston. As for the last review saying that this is the best course in houston, I feel like that is an overstatement. This is a great course for anyone just looking to play a new course and an awesome course for locals to have for practice or fun without having to go far to get it. Once the tee pads and a few benches are in I think this park will be much better and be able to compete with top Houston courses.

1    10/11/2009   10/12/2009
Review By: ksctrail
This review was updated on 6/26/2014
Pros: haven't played here in years but before I left the course was changed multiple times. There were issues with local residents, etc.
Cons: residents,
Other Thoughts: Initially, I may have overhyped this course. I was just happy to have an 18 hole course close to my house.

1 2 Next >