Milford, MI
Kensington Black Locust DGC Share
Uploaded By: dalenoel Hole #22 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #22 Long Tee

wish this course was closer to me

2-4    7/30/2012   8/1/2012
Review By: BearClaw
Pros: *27 holes
*short and long tees on 19 holes
*long cement tee pads
* tee signs with hole#, distance, and crude carved map of hole
*elevation changes abound
*vast space
*good flow from hole to hole
*good hole variety with more technical short holes on 1-18 and slightly longer, slightly more open holes on 19-27
*Basket for 18 sits atop a tree stump (check it out in media, I think it looks very cool)
*Most long tees add elevation to make the distance increase more manageable and fun
*Directly across park road from Martindale beach anbd all its many amenities (bathrooms, beach, water slide, seasonal snack bar, grills picnic tables, baseball diamond, and I might actually be forgetting something
*well maintained (the positive aspect of pay to play)
*more than challenging enough for most with many holes going through heavy woods but there is not much underbrush meaning that there some holes look almost impossible but can actually be quite fun (my favorite type of hole)
*Plenty picnic tables and trash cans
*The black locust tree that the course was named after is all over the course, beautiful, has tiny leaves so its leaves will not hide a disc on the fairway in the fall, and is very sparse until the top of the tree, again making many wooded holes look more difficult than they are but fun to play
*The type of flora combined with the extreme doglegs and blind baskets meant that several shots I thought were horrible turned out to be some of my better drives (I thought they faded too early but it turns out I was finding shortcuts through the black locust trees to the basket)
*vast, scenic holes
*the drive from exit 153 (Kent Lake rd) on I96 to the course is at most 5 minutes
*some welcome seclusion on certain holes and scenic views from most
Cons: *can get crowded despite being pay to play
*tons of blind tee shots (go with someone who knows the course or be prepared to make an extra trip to see the basket before throwing on these holes)
*No water holes
Other Thoughts: can't wait to play this again

Kensington

5+    9/21/2010   9/22/2010
Review By: bartman0118
This review was updated on 10/1/2010
Pros: This is the best course ever made! (in michigan) it is a lot of fun. i go almost everyday
Cons: the entry fee is the worst part even though its not much at all
Other Thoughts: i love this course more then any other course ive ever been to

Challeng worth your time

5+    6/13/2010   6/17/2010
Review By: Ghostrunner
Pros: This course will teach anyone how to be the best disc golf player you can be. It will test and challenge the best of the best but is still attainable by the new. The front 18 will allow the finesse player to shine while the back 9 allows the power to show through.

This is my home course and I wouldn't want any other course to be so.
Cons: The pros and also the cons. This course can be VERY frustrating. Other than Hudson Mills this course is one of the longest I have ever played, but the short holes are equally as challenging.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course and everyone who is willing to travel should come play asap.

1    9/19/2009   9/20/2009
Review By: fleeulrich
This review was updated on 7/18/2010
Pros: I thought this course was great. You have to utilize all sorts of throws. Almost every hole has two pads to throw from. Great pads, concrete, and very long. Score cards/maps,and pencils were available. Very easy to navigate through the course.
Cons: The only con I can really think of is that you have to pay to get in, but I think it was worth every penny. This course was very clean and well kept.
Other Thoughts: Saw lots of people, all of them friendly, and even had a group of guys help us look for one of our discs. I really enjoyed all the different ways the holes were set up, doglegs left and right, some straight, some with trees in play, some wide open, and many with changes in elevation. I thought the basket that was mounted on the stump was real cool too. I will play again anytime I have a chance.