1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Hole distance is commendable. A good course to figure your discs out, instead of going to an open field and not having a basket to throw to.
Tee signs are good with good am. pars.
Not a very busy course so youll have plenty of time to throw all your discs.
Considering the land avalible the course is set up to be the best it can be.
Basket one for anyone of any skill level is a great place to practice. -Well placed basket on a hill with a few decent sized pines.
Cons: Compared to the other courses in the area there is a good deal of walking from basket to tee.
Feels repetitive. 2/3 of the course is flat straight shots with no obstacles, though the distance does very.
Its a high school course, so when schools in session or the teams are out practicing the course is closed.
Other Thoughts: If you live in Mchenry, this is a good course to figure out a disc's flight path.
I will go here and sit on hole one a putt for awhile just 'cause theres so many variations to the area around the basket.
It's a good course to learn on and if it that was the point behind the ratings it would have a better score from me.
This is an awesome class gift. Props to the '09 class for being rad.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Makes great use of the available land to provide some respectable holes. Good mix of short and long to cater to any level of player.
- The longer holes have minimal stuff in the way, and pretty minimal elevation changes. But, it is always good to have an opportunity to air one out.
- Shorter holes have a few obstacles to keep it fresh. Trees by the basket on #1 block a typical RHBH throw, and #8 has a small baseball outfield fence to avoid.
- Some minor elevation changes throughout aren't too extreme, but still is nice. The biggest change is a small hill that provides a short, but blind, shot to #5.
- Good signs, great baskets.
Cons: - Very, very few trees on this course. Most holes are wide open and will allow any line. Some holes are pretty much indistinguishable from the others.
- Lots of other activities could take precedence over the disc golf portion, including tennis, soccer, baseball, etc. Goes hand in hand with the whole high school course experience.
Other Thoughts: - Not a terrible course at all, especially considering the fact it is on high school grounds. A good place to practice different types of shots due to the wide open fairways. A little bland, but otherwise solid.
- Long walks from baskets to tees, I was throwing in between holes for some additional practice.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Don't waste your time
Pros: - The orange on the Innova baskets match the school colors.
- Tee signs
- Used the hills on the property
Cons: - Wide open
- Not that easily navigated
- Same shot over and over just different distances.
- Hole (8 i think) by the baseball field makes it dangerous for non-golfers
- Dogs not allowed
Other Thoughts: Its sad I'm even leaving a review, I played it once and never had a desire to go back. I'm glad that McHenry finally got a course. Hopefully it will be a success in the cities eyes and they can put-in a better course in one of the nicer parks.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.