Eureka, CA
3 / 340ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Course closed/baskets removed

1    6/14/2014   6/18/2014
Review By: JDawgWW
Cons: Baskets removed
Other Thoughts: Tried to play this course over the weekend and similar to the other reviewed came across sign at the first tee saying course closed. We talked to a grounds keeper and he said they shut down the course due to unwelcome player activity and not enough man power to keep up the course. Looked like a fun course...too bad.

Course was closed

1    6/17/2014   6/17/2014
Review By: johnz
Other Thoughts: Went over to play today, and found a bipod saying the course was closed. We walked around a bit, and it looks like it has fallen into a state of disrepair. (Either that, or we couldn't figure out where we were going) But it was certainly marked as closed... (I gave it a 3.0 rating because I couldn't say not applicable...)

Fun course

2-4    5/22/2013   9/30/2012
Review By: rcbclbcdb
This review was updated on 5/23/2013
Pros: Long holes, especially the 10 over the football field.
Fast paced holes.
Beautiful scenery.
Clear instructions on each hole.
Cons: Losing discs on holes 3 and 4.
on a school campus.
parking fees.
Getting Overgrown.
Water hazard at end of football field makes it impossible to find your disc if you hit it.
Other Thoughts: don't play during school hours parking is $2 a car.

A gem in the rough

1    8/10/2012   8/15/2012
Review By: Stan McDaniel
Pros: First of all, the course was a blast. I enjoyed the front 9ish that did not have too much terrain, but plenty of right and left action. The back side had all the terrain and it was a wonderful setting with lots of Redwoods and other large trees. Lots of shotmaking if you did not hit your lines off the tees. I would play this course a lot if I lived in the area.
Cons: Once again, on my west coast swing, the greens really need to be tended. There were a number of places where 20' or less from the pin did not yield a putt. I did not like the two holes on the athletic fields. Well, I liked them, but when school is in session I doubt that they are playable. I would rather have had a long transition walk to the other side of the fields and added two holes up on the hillside where the last holes are since they are killer holes. Need steps and goat trails/erosion control on the hills.
Other Thoughts: With a little work this course is easily a 4.