Keizer, OR
Keizer Rapids Park Share
Uploaded By: Flies to the Left Hole #6 (Taken 7/2009)
3 / 286ft.   3 / 286ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Great in Concept - Weak in Reality

2-4    6/26/2011   7/1/2011
Review By: austoroc
Pros: I can see the potential in this course through the course layout. It's clear that there are plenty of variety of shots that you can utilize here. I see this by playing the long hole of #11, and the holes that have the pond in play. Those few holes really does show the possibilities this course have to offer.
Cons: There are quite a few problems with this course. First of all, I have tried to play here few times when I'm in town. The previous two or three times, I was not able to play all 18 because of the flooding. I am incredulous about why this site was chosen for disc golf if it's flood-prone?

Now, in the summer, there's an insane amount of brush and the "rough" is really rough. This is especially evident to me in the back 9. The course doesn't feel like it has been maintained by anybody in a while.

There's no concrete tee pads, and there's lack of signage that would have helped speed up the play for everyone who visit here.
Other Thoughts: I found it to be difficult to justify giving this course a rating of three as some other reviewers have. There are more noteworthy courses deserving a score of three (or more) such as Pier Park, Milo McIver, Adair, Willamette. Those courses provide you with more pleasant playing experiences Again, I really believe that the lack of maintenance on this course really does hurt the ability of a person to truly unwind and enjoy playing a game of disc golf.