Keizer, OR
Keizer Rapids Park Share
Uploaded By: Flies to the Left   (Taken 12/2009)
Kiosk with Course Map

The Mighty KRP

2-4    9/25/2016   9/26/2016
Review By: Pactime
Pros: Neat mix of forested and open shots
Neat lines to be found in the trees - there are some really fun holes here!
It's a full 18, which I like bc I spend most of my time looping Woodmansee twice to get my 18.
Tees are in great shape
Most of the cages are in great shape
It's a lovely park full of wild life. I've seen deer, Eagles, osprey, and lots of little critters
Doesn't seem to get crowded, though does get used.

Cons: The thorns and the poison oak can be annoying
Poor signage - I wouldn't want to play here without my pals who remember the way around better than me.
This isn't a park to play alone. It's a second set of eyes park for sure.
There's some compression on the front 9 between baskets and next tees. It can be harrowing if there are other people playing at the same time.
Could use more garbage cans. I pick up trash along the way and found myself carrying a full bag for quite a while before there was a can to dump it in.
The driveway to the parking lot is brutally pocked and pot-holed.

Other Thoughts: Even though I can never find my way around, I can't say how much I like playing KRP. It's intimidating, but not overbearing, challenging, but not unbeatable. Definitely takes some getting used to as far as finding lines and getting through so many jaily shots. I've been here before when the flora was way too overgrown but they're taking good care of it these days. The park is in great shape! I wish I was there now!

Personal favorite!

5+    4/7/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Great long tee pads
-Nice baskets
-Usually has a practice basket
-Scenic area to play some golf
-Plenty of variety, bring your whole bag
-Signage is great.
-Not crowded
-2 holes with "water hazards"
Cons: -Can get overgrown early in the spring
-Poison oak and stinging nettles are prominent
-Not enough benches or trash cans
-No bathrooms
-Prone to flooding
-Difficult to navigate if you dont know the course
Other Thoughts: This course is a gem. I love going out and playing a few rounds out there before it gets overgrown for the spring. 18 holes. One or two par fours depending on the layout it is in. I have seen this park under FEET of water before so the prone to flooding thing is not a joke. Try not to take many "natural" colored discs cause they can get lost really easy.

Funky and Challenging..

2-4    1/19/2013   1/19/2013
Review By: prettyboyfloyd
Pros: -Great Concrete tee pads
- Signage
- Mix of open long and wooded short holes
- Good mix of elevation
- Easy to get to from 1-5
- nice pdf map
Cons: - Even with signage, hard to navigate w/o map
- multiple blind (to the basket) in the woods, into low lying plants
- Bushes in open areas are great for disc to get lost
- 15th is a questionable par 3
Other Thoughts: Probably the best course currently in Salem (apparently more are in the works). Very easy to get to if you're an out of towner: Keizer exit from I-5 (260 on I-5 N), left at exit, left at the second light down Chemewa Rd., and stay on Chemewa until you get to the park.

Course goes from an open first hole to 2 - 10, which are somewhat open wooded holes (not ridiculously tight). These holes still require accurate straight, hyzer, and anhyzer shots over around an average of 250ft. The ground is covered in large ferns and leaf litter, so there is a chance of losing a disc if you kick off a tree or have your view blocked when you tee off. A couple of these holes have blind tee shots to the basket (4, 5, 8, and 10). The ground is not necessarily even on these holes, either, which makes them a little more interesting.

Holes 11 - 16 are more in this funky hilly open area, with few trees. The ground is lined with grass, some blackberry, some shrubery I don't know, and a pond. Lots of elevation here that is used well. It sorta looks like a wetland area that isn't a wetland, with hills. Whatever it is/was, it was my favorite part of the course.

Holes 11 & 13 have elevated tee pads to longer shots, around 400ft (always nice); hole 12 has the pond in play, with the basket about 200+ away on a small green peninsula (very nice).

My only complaint hole wise was hole 15. The hole starts with a 300ft fairway to a extreme dog leg left to the wooded basket, about 100ft from the dog leg. I am all for hard par 3s, but this is right on the border of being a moderate (not easy) par 4.

The course finishes with a ace run on hole 17, and a tunnel shot over what could be a pond at times on 18. The 18th hole crosses the path to get to hole 1, so it could be dangerous.

All in all, a well designed, challenging course. I would not consider it for beginners. Great use of the area given and excellent tee pads (grippy concrete). It would get a 4.0 from me if some of the ground plants and shrubbery gets cleaned up a bit more. I think an increase in use would do this as well.

Solid Course

1    4/22/2012   4/23/2012
Review By: ian1
Pros: - Large variety of shots for any type of tosser. Doglegs left and right, variety of distance.
- Couple water holes add a twist.
- Concrete tee pads on most holes.
- Signs on most holes.
- Navigation not too bad (I figured it out the first time without a guide but a guide would be nice)
- Course was mostly dry, so it dries out fast (faster than Bryant at least)
- Decent scenery with the Willamette nearby.
- Wasn't too busy. I imagine this course never gets too crowded.
Cons: - Underbrush is heavy in the woods. Stay alert and keep an eye out.
- Stinging nettle is everywhere. Also saw some poison oak. Pants are recommended although I played in shorts (don't really mind nettle myself).
- Some of the wooded holes are a little too short for me but they are still fun.
- A few holes don't have signs.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course. The wooded holes are a bit like a short Bryant park. The course seems to be coming together. Not great for kids or for beginners.