Keizer, OR
Keizer Rapids Park Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #2 (Taken 3/2010)

< Prev 1 2 3
The Mighty KRP

2-4    9/25/2016   9/26/2016
Review By: Pactime
Pros: Neat mix of forested and open shots
Neat lines to be found in the trees - there are some really fun holes here!
It's a full 18, which I like bc I spend most of my time looping Woodmansee twice to get my 18.
Tees are in great shape
Most of the cages are in great shape
It's a lovely park full of wild life. I've seen deer, Eagles, osprey, and lots of little critters
Doesn't seem to get crowded, though does get used.

Cons: The thorns and the poison oak can be annoying
Poor signage - I wouldn't want to play here without my pals who remember the way around better than me.
This isn't a park to play alone. It's a second set of eyes park for sure.
There's some compression on the front 9 between baskets and next tees. It can be harrowing if there are other people playing at the same time.
Could use more garbage cans. I pick up trash along the way and found myself carrying a full bag for quite a while before there was a can to dump it in.
The driveway to the parking lot is brutally pocked and pot-holed.

Other Thoughts: Even though I can never find my way around, I can't say how much I like playing KRP. It's intimidating, but not overbearing, challenging, but not unbeatable. Definitely takes some getting used to as far as finding lines and getting through so many jaily shots. I've been here before when the flora was way too overgrown but they're taking good care of it these days. The park is in great shape! I wish I was there now!

I'm not worthy

1    5/12/2016   5/20/2016
Review By: TertiaryObjective
Pros: Scenic wooded course
Quiet and peaceful
Challenging but fun design
Cons: Fairways overgrown
Possible to get lost on your first time - digital course map on the phone helped a lot
Other Thoughts: Not for the unworthy! Get off of the fairway and spend a lot of time searching for the disc in the tall grass and blackberry brambles. I speak from experience; I didn't finish all 18 because I spent too long looking for discs and had to leave. I avoided any poison oak rashes by washing discs, arms, and legs with technu when I got home.

Wonderful little course

2-4    6/7/2015   6/8/2015
Review By: sparred4life
This review was updated on 4/3/2016
Pros: - Beautiful course to play. Through the trees you feel you are out in the woods playing disc golf. At sunset the open goes are gorgeous.
- There is a line for each hole, but you will have to work for it.
- Nice baskets.
- Poison oak has been marked with bright paint.
- Quiet, not many people.
- Nice mix of forehand vs. backhand holes, and many where both are a solid option.
- Challenges your aim quite often.
Cons: - Signage could be improved, but it looked to us like that is being worked on.
Other Thoughts: This is going to turn into a regular weekend course for me. With a few more signs and a weed puller for the poison oak this course will be a dream!

1    2/21/2015   2/21/2015
Review By: thespeedokid
Pros: Large concrete tees. Map of course on marquee. Good baskets. Not many people play it.
Cons: Fairways are extremely overgrown. Lots of bramble bushes. Too many trees. Lack of elevation changes. Most holes signs are missing. (The ones that are there are nice though).
Other Thoughts: I would advise not playing this course. Especially if you aren't extremely confident with your aim. If you hit one tree the disc can glide way away making it quite difficult to locate. You start out the course thinking that it's not terrible. But it just get worse and worse. Would I play it again? No.

Kinda confusing

1    9/10/2014   9/10/2014
Review By: INFECTED503
Pros: Very challenging course
Cons: Very challenging and confusing course.
It was very hard to find to start with.
Some holes have signs, some do not.
If they do the sign faces into the trees and is harder to see then trying to find a disc.
#17's sign is no where near the pad... or maybe I missed something

Personal favorite!

5+    4/7/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Great long tee pads
-Nice baskets
-Usually has a practice basket
-Scenic area to play some golf
-Plenty of variety, bring your whole bag
-Signage is great.
-Not crowded
-2 holes with "water hazards"
Cons: -Can get overgrown early in the spring
-Poison oak and stinging nettles are prominent
-Not enough benches or trash cans
-No bathrooms
-Prone to flooding
-Difficult to navigate if you dont know the course
Other Thoughts: This course is a gem. I love going out and playing a few rounds out there before it gets overgrown for the spring. 18 holes. One or two par fours depending on the layout it is in. I have seen this park under FEET of water before so the prone to flooding thing is not a joke. Try not to take many "natural" colored discs cause they can get lost really easy.

Funky and Challenging..

2-4    1/19/2013   1/19/2013
Review By: prettyboyfloyd
Pros: -Great Concrete tee pads
- Signage
- Mix of open long and wooded short holes
- Good mix of elevation
- Easy to get to from 1-5
- nice pdf map
Cons: - Even with signage, hard to navigate w/o map
- multiple blind (to the basket) in the woods, into low lying plants
- Bushes in open areas are great for disc to get lost
- 15th is a questionable par 3
Other Thoughts: Probably the best course currently in Salem (apparently more are in the works). Very easy to get to if you're an out of towner: Keizer exit from I-5 (260 on I-5 N), left at exit, left at the second light down Chemewa Rd., and stay on Chemewa until you get to the park.

Course goes from an open first hole to 2 - 10, which are somewhat open wooded holes (not ridiculously tight). These holes still require accurate straight, hyzer, and anhyzer shots over around an average of 250ft. The ground is covered in large ferns and leaf litter, so there is a chance of losing a disc if you kick off a tree or have your view blocked when you tee off. A couple of these holes have blind tee shots to the basket (4, 5, 8, and 10). The ground is not necessarily even on these holes, either, which makes them a little more interesting.

Holes 11 - 16 are more in this funky hilly open area, with few trees. The ground is lined with grass, some blackberry, some shrubery I don't know, and a pond. Lots of elevation here that is used well. It sorta looks like a wetland area that isn't a wetland, with hills. Whatever it is/was, it was my favorite part of the course.

Holes 11 & 13 have elevated tee pads to longer shots, around 400ft (always nice); hole 12 has the pond in play, with the basket about 200+ away on a small green peninsula (very nice).

My only complaint hole wise was hole 15. The hole starts with a 300ft fairway to a extreme dog leg left to the wooded basket, about 100ft from the dog leg. I am all for hard par 3s, but this is right on the border of being a moderate (not easy) par 4.

The course finishes with a ace run on hole 17, and a tunnel shot over what could be a pond at times on 18. The 18th hole crosses the path to get to hole 1, so it could be dangerous.

All in all, a well designed, challenging course. I would not consider it for beginners. Great use of the area given and excellent tee pads (grippy concrete). It would get a 4.0 from me if some of the ground plants and shrubbery gets cleaned up a bit more. I think an increase in use would do this as well.

HATE is too weak of a word

2-4    9/30/2012   9/30/2012
Review By: Salem Disc Junkie
Pros: Secluded course, quiet, wooded. Makes for a nice trek through nature, good workout.
Cons: The water hazards on 12 and 13 are avoidable if you know what you are doing. Not for beginners or for anyone that can't control their shots well. The overgrowth on many of the holes is HUGE. Bring a spotter and be prepared to spend a lot of time searching for your disc. Lost of POISON OAK!

1    8/28/2012   8/29/2012
Review By: cacrat
Pros: 18 holes
Shots require accuracy over distance
Shaded from the sun

Cons: Heavy underbrush
Heavily wooded
Hole signs unhelpful
Other Thoughts: This course, like so many before me have said, has potential. It felt as though the designer put tee pads and holes into a forest. There isn't much in the way of guidance to the hole location. There's even less on the location of the next tee. The fairways have thick underbrush, so much so that you could lose your disc even with a great shot. A shot in the rough will mean a lost disc. On the other hand, the placement so deep in the woods makes it feel secluded. I will go again, but I'll make sure to bring a spotter.

5+    6/20/2011   7/29/2012
Review By: MCW5379
This review was updated on 8/6/2012
Pros: Rated this on potential, as when I played it I was not very good. Open holes, wooded holes, water hazard. Need to be able to control your discs to do your best. Should be a real good course in time. Now has concrete tees and good signage.
Cons: Lots of under growth in the woods. Grass can get real tall. Water hazard, if you can't throw straight and with control use the alt. tee box on 12.
Other Thoughts: Club still working on making this course better and better. Can't wait to see this course in the future.
Control is the most important thing with this course IMO.

< Prev 1 2 3