Ingleside, TX
Live Oak Park - Gold Share
Uploaded By: Roc1Time Hole #13 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #13 Approach

Must play if you are in the area

1    1/13/2010   1/14/2010
Review By: zj1002
Pros: Amazing tees and signs. Some very challenging holes, mainly hole 14. It is over 750, and winds through a tight low tunnel of trees. Olse is making courses which value placement, not just avoiding the first tree, which is a great challenge for advanced players.
Cons: You can tell the course does not get a lot of traffic which is good and bad. There are a lot of thorns in the rough and even in the fairway. I have a CE Firebird that now has some thorns stuck in it. Wear long socks and also bug spray. The rough is very rough.
Other Thoughts: I live in Austin so for me this course was like playing at WILCO at Circle C. It has a lot of similarities with both course, and just about every course you see from Houck/Olse. I don't think there was a single hole I disliked, however it is not near as hard as other reviews make it out to be. As far as I know this is the most challenging course in the Corpus Christi area which could be why this course has had some skewed ratings. This course is a MUST PLAY if you are in the area, but if you have played courses in Austin, it will be like playing at WILCO

Bugs R Us

1    8/21/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: sub ceroh
Pros: Great course. I was on vacation with the family and played all the area courses. This one has to be my favorite one. It reminds me of Waco's Beast course. Tough well wooded area's. This is NOT a beginner course. I'm not sure if there where water shots or not? Looked like dried up creeks and ponds that I'm sure would add a challenge away from the summer months. Great concrete tee pads and sand-tree bark ground, little to no grass. I love that there are several 500+ shots here. With all the trees it makes for a great challenge. All the tee's where marked with home made signs stuck in the ground. If the next tee was not visible there was a home made marker to show you the way. This course will work you FH, BH, and roller shots and you will need to bring them all.
Cons: BUGS BUGS BUGS.. Bring Off. I'm not sure if it was mosquitoes or what but I got bit by every bug known to man. I did not see any working water fountains when I was there so bring water.
Other Thoughts: There are bushes here and there that swarms of lizards run out of.