Layout Extinct

Louisville, KY
Iroquois Park - Old Layout Share

Fun course with a variety of shots

1    9/5/2009   1/11/2010
Review By: numbernine
Pros: Fun course with loads of different shots.
You play through the woods on a few holes. There are up and down hil shots. There are some holes out in the wide open. At the end of the day, it was fun to play a course that made me throw the entire bag.

it was also nice to have a practice basket to warm up on.
Cons: Could use some water fountains or something nearby. it was dreadfully hot when we played and the lack of cover or water almost did us in!
Other Thoughts: I want to go play this one again, as it suits my game. Go play !

classic

5+    8/30/2009   9/1/2009
Review By: dr.chainslove
Pros: clever design in well-suited park. not too dense, but not too sparse wooded area with great use of elevation changes. most holes have at least a few fun challenges. enjoyable for all levels of experience.
Cons: many will complain about the length of the course being too short. I think this is the only big drawback. There are only a few holes where you can really air it out. As this course is one of the oldest around, many signs are in disrepair. Unfortunately littering seems to be a problem here. Most of the course is in a floodplain. if there's heavy rain, it takes several days to dry out. Lefties beware as most doglegs bend to the left.
Other Thoughts: I've played this course for 10 years and it never gets old. It's a quick, fun play. it's no champion-caliber course but still has a great flow and design

Home sweet home..

5+    9/11/2008   9/27/2008
Review By: MulliganStew
This review was updated on 12/7/2008
Pros: It is very close to me. First course I ever played. Nice open shots layed out arounds the woods and small lake. Elevation comes into play a bit in the back. Nice ace opportunity from the top of the hill, it is a hyzered dog leg. Many a disc has been pulled from the lake. Nice open shot even though it is in and around woods.
Cons: This course has taken a lot of abuse and receives a lot of traffic. Most if not all the brush is gone and has been for some years. This course could really use a break, the city needs to step up and build a couple more. I still love playing it, but I remember when it looked more like woods and less like a mud park.
Other Thoughts: People we need another course in the Ville. This one is way over used.

Fantastic layout

7/18/2008   7/20/2008
Review By: ZMan44
Pros: Good tee signs. Solid baskets. Easy to navigate. Excellent variety of shots required. Well designed in that the parking lot is close to #1 tee and #18 basket. Mostly shady but only a few traditional "wooded" holes.
Cons: Mostly short. Will not challenge the big arms unless they have absolutely no midrange game.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course and I played it pretty well. I can see where it is not an elite level course and that is why I give it the score I did. With that in mind, I absolutely loved playing it. Navigation was easy and on a day when you are playing well and alone, you can probably get in a round in about a 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I love this course

8/31/2007   2/6/2008
Review By: WillA
Pros: Great layout
Cons: Signs are old and rusty, no benches.
Other Thoughts: Great variety of wooded and open shots as well as elevation change. The rough isn't bad and even thw wooded hols aren't thick with trees.