Layout Extinct

#13 basket

Very fun, short course

5+    11/14/2008   11/20/2008
Review By: Hamilton
Pros: Varying challenges in the terrain, can be played very quickly. I like 7 where a well placed downhill shot can earn you an ace. Also several other holes (2, 4, 5, 9, 12, 18) can be aced with a good lucky throw. If you overthrow 13 you can end up in a smallish pond. As simple as the course is, it is just fun to play.
Cons: Upkeep is not great and the large amount of traffic shows heavily on the course. Also there were some wind storms this year that downed some trees, so there are several places where trees lie in the way, and several areas where tree debris was piled up high (lost a disc in the one by hole 5.
Other Thoughts: I would rate this course a 3.5, but I must take something away due to lack up upkeep. Heavy traffic has caused worn areas which either go unfixed, or have old pallets or planks covering them. Overall though it is a very fun quick course, and great for beginner to intermediate level players.

Training Course

5+    10/20/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: john campbell
This review was updated on 9/14/2009
Pros: I love that this course has a practice tee and basket. I wish more courses would follow suit. This course has been my training ground. It's not a long course, but everyone seems to complain about it being too short. They must be throwing 300+ drives. I think it is an interesting and challenging course with diverse terrain and a smart lay-out. A great course for beginners, but lots of fun for the seasoned player, too. And it's a classic, designed by "Steady Ed" himself. Respect.

Update: Now that I have a year of play under my belt it does seem kinda short, but still really fun! I still play here at least once a week.
Cons: It's pretty beat down, lots of dead ground and can get pretty muddy after a rain.
Other Thoughts: I really wish there were more courses in Louisville. It would give Iroquois a much needed break. How about Seneca Park? It would make a great centrally located course.

Home sweet home..

5+    9/11/2008   9/27/2008
Review By: MulliganStew
This review was updated on 12/7/2008
Pros: It is very close to me. First course I ever played. Nice open shots layed out arounds the woods and small lake. Elevation comes into play a bit in the back. Nice ace opportunity from the top of the hill, it is a hyzered dog leg. Many a disc has been pulled from the lake. Nice open shot even though it is in and around woods.
Cons: This course has taken a lot of abuse and receives a lot of traffic. Most if not all the brush is gone and has been for some years. This course could really use a break, the city needs to step up and build a couple more. I still love playing it, but I remember when it looked more like woods and less like a mud park.
Other Thoughts: People we need another course in the Ville. This one is way over used.

My old home court

5+    9/11/2008   9/11/2008
Review By: Cool Daddio
This review was updated on 1/17/2010
Pros: Should be blast for new and mid level players. I had not played here since 1985 ! during my first disc golf life. Upfromtheashes was right on in that 'back in the day' read 80 to 85 most of us played with 141 and 165 standard discs and this course was plenty long in fact it was so windy the last time I played in 1985 I quit at 10 over about hole 13 or 14. Today for my homecoming I was six under as less than four months newbie to the current arsenal of great discs so indeed the course is certainly short and easy by current standards but I had blast nontheless!
Cons: No benches. Some pretty rusty old baskets and erosion effects on the hills.
Other Thoughts: Like I said I had a sentimental colored wonderful time here and wouldn't hesitate to take any of my new golf buddies here some of which weren't even born when this course began!

My home course

5+    6/23/2008   9/11/2008
Review By: upfromtheashes
Pros: It's beginner friendly. Lots of open/semi-open holes and not too many long ones make it a pleasant round for newer players.

You get a little variety in terms of a few wooded holes and a few holes where elevation comes into play.

Signs and teepads are mostly adequate.
Cons: The course has terrible drainage in places, and I've seen the area around 15-16-17 be a swampland even days after a rain. Additionally, the parks dept doesn't mow those areas when they are swampy, so the grass can get really high in places.

The biggest reason I don't play this course as much as I used to is the relative ease of the course. I prefer a course that's a bit longer and and bit more challenging.
Other Thoughts: The course is among the older courses in the state (if not the world), and when this course was designed, people weren't throwing plastic as far as they do today. That's partly why this course isn't longer.

When the weather is nice, you will often find a group on every hole at this course. Louisville needs more courses!

1    8/13/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: danhal87
Pros: This course has so many great things: large variety of shots, an amazing layout, good signs, many hills, many trees, some water. It is a great place for a beginner like me to get a chance to try/use new shots, but most of all it is a fun course too play.
Cons: The tee pads were very slippery. No scorecards/maps
Other Thoughts: Should be pretty hard to lose a disc unless you throw it in the lake or on the road and it gets run over by a car, or flies in a window and causes a big wreck or something, or like lands on top of a big semi, or some dude on a motorcycle sees it coming towards him and he just reaches out and snatches it from the air.... The baskets tend to throw a few more out than other courses I have been to... But this is a really fun course to play.

7/20/2008   7/24/2008
Review By: kyflash
Pros: Nicely laid out. Good signage.
Cons: Can get soggy with heavy rain.
Other Thoughts: Good course to bring someone new to the game.

Fantastic layout

7/18/2008   7/20/2008
Review By: ZMan44
Pros: Good tee signs. Solid baskets. Easy to navigate. Excellent variety of shots required. Well designed in that the parking lot is close to #1 tee and #18 basket. Mostly shady but only a few traditional "wooded" holes.
Cons: Mostly short. Will not challenge the big arms unless they have absolutely no midrange game.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course and I played it pretty well. I can see where it is not an elite level course and that is why I give it the score I did. With that in mind, I absolutely loved playing it. Navigation was easy and on a day when you are playing well and alone, you can probably get in a round in about a 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Nice Course

4/7/2008   4/7/2008
Review By: Noah Karnes
Pros: Very fun course with a wide variety of shots. Great place to learn. Mostly short, pitch and putt, holes but it has 3-4 that require some D.
Cons: Can get pretty sloppy in the rain. Seasoned players might think it's pretty easy.
Other Thoughts: If in town and you have to pick between Iroquois or Charlie Vettiner.....go to Vettiner. But if you have time for both, then it's worth a play.

3/5/2008   3/5/2008
Review By: Russell Gore
Pros: Great Place to learn the sport. Variety of shots, from long to short, wide open to tight, uphill and downhill, and shots around water. Lots of opportunities for birdie 2's.
Cons: Built on natural wetlands area. Can become quite Swampy after rain.
Other Thoughts: I spent my first 10 years playing here on a regular basis. You can learn a great deal about basic hyzers and anhyzers playing here.