Dalton, GA
Heritage Point DGC Share
Uploaded By: tamahawk Hole #7 (Taken 8/2010)

up, down and wet

2-4    12/28/2011   12/30/2011
Review By: kurt
Pros: tee signs
concrete pads
boardwalks in wet areas
bathroom and water at turn
quiet
Cons: Holes 4 through 7 bring your galoshes.
Two pads per hole but could only find 1 concrete pad per hole and assumed it was the "pro" tee.
Other Thoughts: Roc, aviar course.
Plenty of room to lengthen some of the holes.
Most holes have unique roll away opportunities.
You can easily play hole 15 to pin 12 to give some additional length.

Liked it, didn't love it.

1    6/14/2011   6/21/2011
Review By: Solid Gold
Pros: -Shade. Every hole. Good for midday summer play.
-Bathrooms at hole 10. Very nice.
-All the standard things are there: Teepads, signage, ample parking, varying holes. Basically, the designers knew what they were doing.
-Hole 2 and 18 sure do create some interesting second shots!
-Hole 14 was Tough! On my first run I drove it 5 or 6 times trying to figure out what line would actually work on that hole, never could figure how to get it in two.
-Rough was manageable. While I did lose my discs a few times out there, i was able to find them in less than five without getting bitten or stung or thorned or rashed or fatally stabbed.
Cons: Personal Issue:

-What do you do on hole 16? It's short, but there's a bunch of trees totally blocking access to the hole. The only thing to do is go for the very small pocket on the right and long putt for two?

-I would love to see some things extended back a bit and create 2-3 400 footers out there. The best courses should have something more than par 3 every hole. This is something that would be awesome to see added if there is time in the future...

Three sign fixes that would help things:

-Add to holes one and three on the signpost: "Warning, sharp drop off at back of hole!" I found a lost, unmarked putter from someone who had overshot and given up on finding their disc on hole one. This was while I was looking for my disc which I had overthrown greatly due to not knowing about the dropoff.

-A big glaring sign on the side of the bathroom reminding people to watch out for people coming out of said bathroom!

-Love love love the "next tee" wrapped around each basket, but I would love love love if all the next tee arrows pointed right at where the tee is located, not at the path leading to that tee. I could always figure out how to get through the woods on the paths, but I could not always figure out immediately which path to take to go down!
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't say it's a beautiful location, but it is a good standard woods course. I went on a dry summer day, so I didn't see any of the water hazarding others are talking about. Can definitely get better. Definitely

Short and Technical

2-4    6/8/2011   6/9/2011
Review By: wabrown23
This review was updated on 10/19/2011
Pros: -Layout and Use of space is great
-Course is easily Navigational
-Signs are great quality and list distance
-Permanent tees
-Restrooms and Water fountain Mid course
-Clear trails and regular course maintenance
- Plenty of parking
Cons: -No benches or trash cans
-Short course (but technically challenging)
- No warm up basket
Other Thoughts: Great course, lots of hills and trees. Great design.

You've got a short woody!

1    1/30/2011   1/31/2011
Review By: ShopTom.com
Pros: Short distances allow a wider range of players the opportunity to shoot near par while still requiring several different shot types to score well. Mostly clean and well maintained on the fairways. Excellent signs with all of the necessary information are much appreciated. Level concrete tees are just the right size. A real bathroom is along the course. Good exercise up and down the hills is a pro because footing has been added where needed.
Cons: Look out for the thorns in the heavy rough just off the fairway. Serious navigation issues that could be avoided with a few simple signs and I never like backtracking down the fairway just played. Be careful of people coming out of that bathroom 20 feet directly in front of the tee too! Amateur tees are only flags and don't seem to be necessary for even a recreational player. This place will have unplayable holes after only a moderate rain.
Other Thoughts: My next time through this course will be much better because I will know where the blind baskets are and have a better idea of which way to walk after I get there.

A little bit of local effort to clear out the thorns where players are obviously going off course would add another half star immediately. Put up some next tee signs on a tree here and there and get the other half too. It has that much potential.

I expect to be back to enjoy this course soon with my group. We just have to plan around the weather and allow extra time to play through.

A Course for the hiking type.

1    3/17/2010   3/17/2010
Review By: DGphanatic
Pros: Nice design and use of land and elevation. Favorite holes were 1, 2, 11, 12, 18. Mainly because it was dry but they were, I feel the best holes on the course.
Cons: Its a workout, seriously, and holes 4,5,6, and 7 are always muddy and when it rains its a swamp.
Other Thoughts: Nice course but probably not going back.

Heritage Point (Dalton Middle)

5+    5/17/2011   1/24/2010
Review By: Fender088
This review was updated on 5/17/2011
Pros: A lot of people say good use of the land, but I thought that this course was an exceptionally good use of the land. For some woods between the complex and a large creek there were a lot of elevation changes, thoughtfully placed trees and pin positions, and a few ace chances amidst some harder holes. There isn't a lot of distance so accuracy is definitely valued more than strength. Water was in play on a few holes, but only seasonally. You also run the risk of falling way down the hill on almost half of the holes. Although the course is definitely wooded on every hole, I still found it easy to spot any disc that strayed off of the fairway. I also had the opportunity to throw a good mix of hyzer and anhyzer shots (RHBH).
Cons: The course doesn't have much distance to it. I liked the wooded feel, but I felt that it could have extended a few holes here and there. A lot of the holes look alike and cross over so getting to the next hole can be a problem sometimes. It took me forever to find hole 18. When it rains just a little bit here a few of the front nine fairways flood REALLY bad. Hole number four is the worst, although a wooden walkway extending about 50 feet from the tee helps a great deal. I would keep all of this in mind if you're going out of the way to play here. If it has rained a little it will probably be manageable, but if it has rained for an extended period of time then I wouldn't bother.
Other Thoughts: An 18 hole course right next to a middle school? I see a win, win situation here. I kind of expected to see some kids out there, but I still haven't. If I went there or worked there I would be all over it. It definitely impressed me overall. Hole 12 is probably the best chance at an ace on the whole course. If it hasn't been raining, go a few miles off of exit 336 and play this course. For the first course in Dalton I think they did a stand up job.

Enjoyable Course

2-4    10/16/2009   10/22/2009
Review By: Shannon Winn
Pros: I thought this was a great first course in an area that has a lot of potential for good expansion. It wasn't overly tight, or overly long. The designer made decent use of the elevation changes, and the putting areas were interesting and challenging. The flow is pretty good and it's fairly easy to navigate. The Chainstar targets are some of the best available, and just about every tee looked about ready to pour concrete. This is a course that should encourage growth of Disc Golf in Dalton. Stay on the fairways and it's not punishing.
Cons: Lots of standing water. When the concrete gets poured, things will improve dramatically. A couple of holes need a bit of tree trimming...(#2- I'm looking at you!)
Other Thoughts: I like this place and will try to get a round in every time I'm in Dalton.

1    8/23/2009   9/29/2009
Review By: CRoach
Pros: Tight lines, great use of elevation, easy to navigate and flows well.
Cons: Some tee pads were not clearly marked, all were a little muddy (watch your footing.) More clearing needed.
Other Thoughts: Feels like The Sinks with the elevation of Cloudland. Fun and challenging and will become more so with time.