Richmond Heights, OH
Cuyahoga County Airport DGC Share
Uploaded By: Brall Hole #8 (Taken 4/2011)
3 / --   3 / 383ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

middle of the road

1    8/13/2013   8/13/2013
Review By: jlangr
Pros: - low traffic
- a number of long, wide open holes if you just want to see how far you can throw it (450-500+ feet)
- a couple challenging placements--7 for example requires you to toss up and drop in the middle of a ring of trees
- clean, seems safe
Cons: - mower guy was riding around while I was playing, following what appeared to be a somewhat random mowing pattern
- grass where not yet mowed is pretty high, often hard to spot a disc
- lots of ruts on a few holes (particularly #9). Most holes cut across spans of grass, but it's all very uneven. Running through the holes (as I like to do when I can) is a bad idea.
- The hole 2 tee shot is too challenging, giving you perhaps a 7-yard window between trees about 20 yards out that you must thread
- tee for hole #4 is missing the signpost. I followed the hilltop toward the basket and eventually found it--a small log to represent the front of the tee
- 9 holes only
Other Thoughts: Not sure it's the course or not, maybe just very windy today, but I suspect that the course is out in the open and slightly elevated means that you're going to get some interesting winds, either lifting up the disc or pushing it down into the ground

1    6/24/2012   6/24/2012
Review By: BrianLyons
Pros: 3 or 4 holes are pretty nice with Tree's and bushes.
Not busy at all.
Had a good mix of holes with obstacle's and wide open long holes.

Cons: Place looks to be not well kept.
No bathroom
Parking is kinda funny.
Not much going on.
Other Thoughts: We played through the 9 holes twice and it wasnt horrible,but yet it was on the boring side. A big plus was that it wasn't in the middle of a busy park where there were walkers,bikers,kids,dog walkers etc.
We went there on a nice Saturday afternoon and we had the place all to our self,not even so much as a jogger ran through.
I really didn't think the place was horrible,but it does look like the city started this place and forgot about it as it was not freshly cut,weedy,outdated and worn billboard,missing Tee's on some holes or overgrown.
I would go back occasionally.

Terrible

2-4    8/9/2011   8/9/2011
Review By: vcole21
Pros: wide open so you can really grip it and rip it, especially on hole #3
quick round to squeeze in when passing by
no one else is playing the course so you can experiment with all kinds of different shots without feeling rushed
Cons: terrain is total garbage. there are weeds everywhere and the grass is so long i had trouble finding my disc a few times
if it had rained recently the ground will be wet with some areas almost like a marsh near the basket for #5
Other Thoughts: this course made me appreciate the other courses I have played more, thats about the only purpose i feel it has served. I only played it because I wanted to try out new courses and was on my way to Sims Park. I will probably never go back. i also found out that the city of RIchmond Hts. has another 9 disc golf baskets sitting in a garage just laying around. Obviously they do not care about disc golf in this city at all.

Meh /shrug

2-4    4/3/2011   4/5/2011
Review By: Brall
This review was updated on 9/19/2011
Pros: - Billboard has a map that seems accurate enough
- The sign at the park entrance clearly states the disc golf course
- Nice signs at the tees showing you where you need to throw
- Baskets have number labeling what hole they are for
- The flow is a very nice figure 8 and hole #8 end at hole #1
- This course has very low traffic for disc golfers and walkers/bikers
- There are trash cans and the course is clean
- There is no vandalism
- The grounds have good upkeep. The grass is kept low and the bushes are trimmed.
- This may be a small course but it has some nice long distance shots. Great place to come and practice out in the open field!
- The ditch around the basket on hole #8 provides a bit of a challenge
Cons: - Limited parking, no pavilions
- Very boring scenery and landscape
- Billboard information is outdated
- Natural tees with wooden kick boards that are rotting
- No signs to next tee
- Baskets are in poor condition
- There is a walking path, beware of walkers and bikers
- No bathrooms
- No elevation shots
Other Thoughts: - This is not a challenging course and you do not need a large variety of throws
- The most challenging hole is #7. You have the choice of going left or right of the trees but beware of the road and heavy traffic.
- My favorite hole is hole #2 for the challenge of making it in between the trees for max distance
- This is not a Must go to course. Hit it if you have free time only.

Always just an afterthought on my way or from Sims Park

2-4    9/3/2010   9/5/2010
Review By: JoseCafe704
Pros: Long open holes allow you to experiment with different throwing styles, or go for gusto and really put something extra on your throws, without paying the consequences of less accuracy. It's never busy, leaving you time to really plan your drive, approach, putt.
Cons: Not kept up pretty much what so ever...There seems to be no preventative maintenance on the course whatsoever. The wooden tee boundaries are starting to rot right out of the ground on several holes. Cage placement doesn't always make a whole heap of sense, with very little, if any, viable approach. As of 9/3/10, there seems to be a large ad sign right off the tee on I believe Hole #7 (along Richmond Rd) that will limit RH throwers due to it's placement.
Other Thoughts: As I said, this course is often an afterthought to Sims Park. If you find yourself there, and want to add a quick 9 onto your day, head over, but don't expect much, as the course seems to be an afterthought to the City of Richmond Heights as well.

CCA - Not as bad as I had heard, but not great either. UPDATE... Yeah, as bad as I've heard

2-4    7/19/2010   7/6/2010
Review By: Conect11
This review was updated on 7/20/2010
Pros: Several long "bomber" holes
Not very busy
Nearly impossible to lose your disc... UPDATE... Scratch that, my group very nearly lost 3 of them on hole 1.
Cons: No scenery
Mainly just a large open field
Some sort of strange culvert running through
Major road near one hole
Huge "for sale" sign at one hole
Fourth tee not marked
Construction on hole 9 last time we played there made it completely unplayable
Thadon was not kidding about the green dust! I hit a tree and the same thing happened... creepy!
Other Thoughts: UPDATE... After playing more courses and my last trip to this course I am downranking it. There seems to be no effort to maintain this course save for the occasional mowing of the grass. When we got there on Monday 7/19/2010 there was a construction site and several HUGE water pits dug on hole 9. We found out that there was a mud volleyball tournament held there over the weekend. Ok, awesome that there can be multiple uses for something, but the question arises "how much does the city really care about disc golf when they're willing to bring in backhoes and tear up one of the holes?" Perhaps we were cranky because my theory about not being able to lose discs on this course was proven very wrong as all three of us each nearly lost at least 1 disc... mostly on hole 1! Also found the strangest litter: two pairs of underwear, shoes, (a pair separated by about 200 feet) and (I kid you not) a prosthetic eye...something or another. (I wish I was making that up)

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I came to the CCA course with very low expectations after reading the reviews here. While it does rank as my least favorite course it certainly isn't as bad as I had imagined. Much like the adage about fishing: a bad course of disc golf is still better than a good day of work. There is very little in the way of technicality or scenery here. The majority of shots are long bombs across an open field. While more experienced players might become bored by this, as a newbie I enjoyed working on my drives and breaking in my Wraith, which didn't do so good at the Parma course. Learn from my mistake and wear shoes in stead of sandals, as there is a good deal of prickly thorn grass throughout the course. Be prepared to WALK, as the nearest parking appears to be at hole 4, and wear sunblock if necessary as there is very little in terms of cover on this course. I'll probably hit this course again, with friends, though definately not a destination.

Decent...

5+    5/4/2010   5/5/2010
Review By: jdiesel
Pros: 9 long, very long holes. Mostly open area so on a windy day the course is even more difficult. The tee signs are clearly marked where the baskets are and its not hard to navigate
Cons: Tee pads are natural, would be nice to see some concrete.
Other Thoughts: Not a BAD course, but definatly not a place to travel to. good for players living around the area

Decent practice course

2-4    11/17/2009   11/19/2009
Review By: charkboy
This review was updated on 2/24/2012
Pros: For a 9 hole course it has some nice open long shots to practice the long drives. Holes 1, 2, and 7 play into some trees and brush which makes them a little more challenging.
Cons: Not much in the way of scenery and the road right next to hole 7 is bothersome. (One of our group put a disc right into traffic because of the large realty sign in the middle of the fairway.)

Would like to see improved tees.
Other Thoughts: As was said, the open, long shots are great for driving practice and there are a few technical holes. Plenty of room to add more holes in that same area which would be nice to see done.

All in all this course was a decent change from the home course and if you are travelling to Sims and have the time it could be worth stopping in. We played this course, Osborne Park and Sims in one day so it was a nice addition to the area.

We will probably play it again as it is close to home.

Update as of 2/22/12: Played yesterday in windy conditions...whew. As is mentioned, the kickboards are really in bad shape and the tee sign for #4 is gone. However the gigantic realty sign blocking #7 fairway is also gone, (just support posts left). I don't know if that is gone for good or is even a good sign of things to come if the land was sold. But at least it isn't in the way anymore.

1    5/17/2009   5/17/2009
Review By: thadon
Pros: Good place to crank up the arm, and work on your distance. The baskets weren't too bad. Fun for recreational players and beginners. Just an extra stop if your visting Sims.
Cons: I hit a tree , and green dust cloud flew out of it....no seriously it did . So its probably not good place for those bad allergy types. The only tees marked are the pro's .

Hole 7 has a Humongous land lease sign standing in the fairway. Also plays right next to a busy street

No tee pads

1    5/17/2009   5/17/2009
Review By: rcracer757
Pros: The best thing I can say about the course is there were only nine holes. The baskets are better then I am used to that is a bonus to the course. The first part of the course will test your skill but then the rest will just test your arm. Now I will say it is a tough course. After playing 18 holes near by I was 6 over on this course with 9 holes i was 8 over. The challenge is there.
Cons: The brush is really thick and heavy. Try to avoid these as best as possible. Some baskets were just completely hidden in the bushes and trees.
Other Thoughts: Maybe my score is reflecting my review but, this was one of my least favorite courses. I will play again some time. Hopefully I can come up with a better review.