Pendleton, OR
Pendleton Community Park Share
Uploaded By: CorgiRunner Hole #2 (Taken 11/2011)

Pendleton DG Course

1    4/20/2013   5/19/2013
Review By: LGFrolfer
Pros: Maintained very well! Its a nice clean park. Definitely take the whole family to this one. Public bathrooms, lots of parking, nice tee signs, and a nice map near the parking area. Alternate tees and the small creek that run through the park make this course a little challenging for newer players but nothing to worry about.
Cons: If you go on a nice sunny day, you are sure to encounter a lot of pedestrians on the paths. The only other thing to watch for is the wind. Seems to rip through the course pretty hard.
Other Thoughts: As a new player, I loved the little bit of a challenge this course provided. I will definitely be trying to make it back soon.

Great Coures

2-4    9/8/2012   9/14/2012
Review By: Idahomtnhigh
Pros: I am still a beginner and I love this course. I makes me step up my and learn new skills, but still keeps the fun factor. Very well marker with nice signs overall course signs at the 44th street parking area.
Cons: This is on of the hardest parks in a small town to find that I have ever seen. If you are from out of town write down good directions to get to the parking area.

Disc in the wind

1    4/9/2011   4/10/2011
Review By: Highball
This review was updated on 4/18/2011
Pros: The front 9 are literally a "walk in the park". Your in the city park and walking was on the grass and was very easy. The very large course map that greeted us at the parking lot was great! Tee pads were well marked as were the baskets. Sure was fun to toss across the river from the tee to the hole. Not too hard to do but it made me think "Don't screw this up". The water is very fast moving and will eat a disc fast! (Yes we lost one) The back 9 were a completely different animal. Very fun but out in the high hills with no trees at all. The wind and the huge elevation changes made shots tough and unforgiving. That is a good thing. You start on the bottom of the ridge for holes 10, 11 and 12. From there it is up, up and away! Everyone teaches them selves to throw a disc flat, lower, and hard to avoid the wind. Throw that out the door! On 13 you are throwing up a hill around 45 degrees!. Amid that shot the wind is rolling off the hill at you. Fun stuff! The ground was soft dirt with low weeds. We had some of our discs stick into the dirt. Once up top (not all the way up the hills) your playing with fire with every throw. The wind will make you think hard about the shot to be taken if it is there the day you play. Holes 14 and 15 are along the top. You then get to chuck a disc all the way down to the bottom for 16 then grip and rip straight up the hill once more to hit 17. 18 is another long bomb down to finish your day at the parking lot.
Cons: The front 9 are a tad too much "walk in the park" for me but it is not that bad any means. You have to watch out for the kiddies as there is a playground very close by. The back 9 looks to be a perfect spot for rattle snakes as they are all over SE Washington and NE Oregon. (Someone who lives there might be able to talk about this).
One last thing... I did not like that 11 and 12 share the same tee pad. With all of that space they should have a separate tees. From what I understand they are in the process of making a separate tee pad for 11.
Other Thoughts: The back 9 are still being worked on and do not have all the tee pads in. I will not hold them to a "Con" on that. If the back 9 turn out like the front 9 they will be just fine.
The front 9 are great if you don't have a big arm. The average player with a good (not great) skill set will have a very realistic chance if nailing a Ace. If you have poor health (knees, lungs, heart, hips and so on) holes 13 - 18 are not for you! You must be able to walk up steep hills that have no walking paths or steps. Your just up there. You will be required to walk up and down the hills at the very least twice. If you screw up a shot and it rolls or flys down (very easy to do) you can add to your hill time. In the summer this part of the country will get very hot so bring water and sunscreen! I good hat to protect your neck and ears is also advisable. Over all we thought it was a very fun course to play and we will be back and soon! Play this one guys!!!