Cleveland, WI
Cleveland Elementary School DGC Share
Uploaded By: jhgonzo Hole #9 (Taken 8/2009)

D = Doesn’t Do much for Dave

1    6/25/2010   2/27/2011
Pros: I think it is awesome that this school has a course that is excellently suited to introduce DG to elementary kids! I have 3 of them myself. So, I do feel bad giving this course a grade of a D....which is a "passable" grade but equates to a 0.0 on the DGCR scale.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
(Holes 6-8 provide a little bit of challenge with multiple routes to choose from, but they are pretty short. Other than that, nil in this department.)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I'm a Blue level player (950ish skill) who throws 300' accurately, 360' max. == D
(Again, holes 6-8 provide the only fun on the course…..but I would hardly call carding birdies on these holes rewarding.)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == D+
(Completely flat course. Ditto on 6-8 being the fun ones due to multiple routes to chose from that all require some shot shaping.)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
(The course is on the back side of a school in a rural setting so it is peaceful and quiet. It is certainly not ugly or blemished by fences or shoddy neighboring houses. But not much natural beauty or real get-away-from-it-all seclusion.)

5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == NA
Other Thoughts: I rate courses as consistently and honestly as I can in their ability to draw me back to themselves. In all honesty, this course has the same ability to draw me back to itself as putting a practice basket in a field.