Cleveland, WI
Cleveland Elementary School DGC Share
Uploaded By: jhgonzo Hole #4 (Taken 8/2009)
3 / 145ft.   2 / -- Par / Distance:

Beginner course BY DESIGN . . . ace runs for the well travelled.

1    9/25/2011   9/25/2011
Pros: 1) Nice short beginner friendly course that still presents some challenge to the beginners.

2) Nice powder coated (I hope it isn't just paint) baskets each with a unique color. That's a nice feature to help beginners enjoy the course. Who isn't going to talk about those holes because of the color . . . Yeah I birdied Red Blue and Green.

3) Ace run courses can be fun too . . . just in a different way.

4) 4x4 posts in the ground to tee off from. It's better than nothing.

5) Course navigation is really easy . . .because it is so short.

6) The designer of this course is an awesome guy, and I have played with him before. I know how and why this course went in and I will not degrade the course because it does what it set out to accomplish . . . introduce the local children and others to this awesome game. I am thankful he got involved in his disc golf community and did something about the lack of courses, and I hope he keeps at it!

7) White Pines on the property . . . one of my favorite trees on disc golf courses.
Cons: 1) Flat . . . I had a joke about prepubescent girls but then thought better of it (as if that isn't still a joke at least I felt bad about saying it).

2) Short short short . . . you can write your own joke.

3) A couple of the obstacles are really not indicative of true disc golf obstacles. They are "doable" shots but not really accurate portrayals of what disc golf is. This is mostly due to low hanging limbs or overgrown shrubs. This may not have always been like this, it may have only happened in the last two years since it opened.

Other Thoughts: All in all this was a fun course to play with my wife. She enjoyed making some ace runs and a handful of birdies. I would guess that she might have the women's course record of -4. It is a beginners course but even well travelled players like myself can garner some enjoyment from the course. I don't care that it didn't challenge me very much, it gave me the chance to work on my "upshot" game basically and make some "controlled ace runs too". I wanted to give them all a shot but I still wanted to make my birdies.

I will be back if I am in the area again. I hope you will too . . . just take it for what it is!