4 Helpful / 1 Not
Bring the Kids and Work on Your Short Game!
Pros: 1. Awesome baskets! Each hole a different color!
2. The fact that this is an educational DG course for the kids at the school is a HUGE plus! Not only do they have a nice little course to play during recess, but the PE instructor can now get all the kids involved in the basics! Course courtesy and rule adherence is best when it's taught at a young age.
3. Great use of the existing land. The course wraps nicely around the edge of the property, incorporating open holes with a couple trickier baskets located in the wooded area, giving kids a nice variety of shots to work with and learn...in particular, they'll come to realize the importance of LOW shots when playing the wooded holes! There is also no interference between the course and the playground and other activities.
4. Easy to modify the layout to play safari/gorilla-style rounds (described in more detail below).
5. Practice/putting basket near the playground.
Cons: 1. Too short for any serious player to get excited about, but like I said, it's a great course to work on your short game. All you'll need out here is a putter and a stable midrange.
2. No permanent tees (yet). Hopefully in the near future there will be tee indicators of some sort--right now there are flags at 7 of the tees (the flags for the first 2 holes were apparently removed by maintenance for mowing). UPDATE: White planks now mark the designated tee areas. No signs, but if you find yourself getting lost on this course you probably shouldn't even be navigating a vehicle!
Other Thoughts: If you want to lengthen things up out here a bit and make things interesting, play a "safari" or "gorilla" round (what you call it doesn't really matter!) as follows:
1. Tee #1 to Black Basket (#2)
2. Tee #3 to Mauve Basket (#4)
3. Tee #5 to White Basket (#6)
4. Tee #7 to Purple Basket (#8)
5. Tee #9 to Blue Basket (Practice)
6. Blue Basket to Orange Basket (#1)
7. Tee #2 to Green Basket (#3)
8. Tee #4 to Pink Basket (#5)
9. Tee #6 to Red Basket (#7)
10. Tee #8 to Yellow Basket (#9)
...as you will notice, playing this way gives you a 10th hole to play...have fun!
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.