Timnath, CO
Timnath Reservoir DGC Share
Uploaded By: TimnathDiscGolf Hole #2 (Taken 9/2009)
Hole #2 Tee: Straight, 100 feet over top of hill

8 hole course

5+    1/4/2012   1/5/2012
Review By: carpy1179
Pros: This is a great course. I'm always the only one playing which is pretty cool. I can let my dog run around and get some exercise and take as long as I want because no one else is ever here. The scenery is fantastic, with prairie dogs on the course, geese in the reservoir, and from the top of the hill on the course you can see for miles. The course makes the best of the terrain that is available. The elevation changes are used wisely. Hole 2 and 9 are both blind shots. Hole 3 puts the one tree on the entire course right between the pad and the basket. Great course to get out there and get back into the swing of things if you haven't played for a while.
Cons: If you like wooded courses, this is not your course. Be sure to wear closed toe shoes because there are a lot of cacti that could poke your feet if you're wearing sandals. The wind is often a major factor here. As I mentioned, there's no trees anywhere so the wind just blows and blows. However, having said that, I've actually played here a lot on calm days, so it does happen. Lastly, I was greatly disappointed to discover that hole 1 is missing. It makes me really mad when holes disappear. I have no idea what happened to it, but now this course and Fort Collins High School are both 8 hole courses. What a disappointment.
Other Thoughts: If they replaced hole 1, that would be fantastic.