Indianapolis, IN
Brookside Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #18 (Taken 10/2009)

1 2 3 4 Next >
 Great Park

6/3/2008   6/24/2008
Review By: Victory33
Pros: Variety of different types of shots, some very fun elevation changes, minimal chance of losing discs, pretty park and terrain with some very long holes. Few people on weekdays.
Cons: In a rough area, can be difficult to find next tee on certain holes, they require you to walk over a bridge and out by the road. Not too many shots in the woods, but there are many trees around.
Other Thoughts: I like this park a lot, my two favorite holes in Indy are at this park. I love the elevation changes on 3, 4, and 18. Gotta check this park out if you are in Indy. Very fun.

Nice Enough

1    6/18/2008   6/18/2008
Review By: tenWatts
This review was updated on 3/9/2009
Pros: The course has many options and the temp. course they sit up at the Checkered Flag Open is pretty good. It has plenty of differant shots and some fun elevations.

The flood plan it plays through can lead to some interesting roll aways if you don't think about your landing. There is a great mixture of holes on this course that makes it a pretty fun course to play.
Cons: Kinda in a Ghetto! I was cussed at just for looking at someone walking by.
Other Thoughts: I would ONLY play this course during the tourney. I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

Brookside Park, Indianapolis

5+    9/26/2005   5/26/2008
Review By: ZipperBlueZ
This review was updated on 8/25/2008
Pros: Very large course, full 18 holes. Nice variety, good layout, nice usage of trees and levee as obstacles.
Cons: Located in rough part of town. Holes 3, 4, and 18 require going onto what is basically a floodplain. Can be very muddy depending on the weather.
Other Thoughts: I lost my disc golf virginity to this course many moons ago and have continued to return for more each and every summer. You shouldn't leave here disapointed (unless you throw your disc into the creek off the first tee and lose it, which I have done and have seen done more than once), 2nd best course in Indy, George Washington Park (less than 5 miles away!) being the best.

interesting

1    7/12/2006   3/4/2008
Review By: skottyb
This review was updated on 12/30/2009
Pros: nice layout, good distances from the pro tees. the park in general is in good shape, multiple tee pads on some holes etc. Baskets seem to be in great shape.

some holes are wide open and others have trees which help keep it fresh. distances are good as well, not a pitch and putt course by any means.
Cons: navigation problems, I would have had trouble finding my way around if it hadn't been for tournament play. had to continously ask a local how long some holes were because the signs were damaged at the time.
Other Thoughts: I played it during a tournament so it had a different configuration than what it normally did. I didn't notice any problems other than navigation and sign damage. I haven't been back to the course in over 3 years so I should probably get back there and give it a more solid review.

1 2 3 4 Next >