Barnwell, SC
Fuller Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #2 (Taken 1/2010)

Small Town Gem

2-4    1/2/2010   1/2/2010
Review By: RussMB
This review was updated on 11/4/2012
Pros: -Brand New Mach II Baskets
-Restrooms near the parking lot
-Cement Tee's
-Excellent Pin Placement. Course is well designed and maximized for the space available
-Nice Signs w/Maps
-Good Navigation, Course map at the first tee, The "Next" Tee's were visible and easy to find
-The course is in a City Park, and it is well maintained and landscaped.
-Great for beginners, yet offers enough of a challenge that regular players should enjoy playing here as well.
-No need for hiking shoes
-Plays fast, so if you are on a trip, this makes a good place to stop and throw.
-There are challenges! Don't let the short yardage fool you, the first hole maybe 140ft, but getting around the tree is the real trick. …and there is a big creek on the other side of the Fence.
-Hole 8 plays alongside a graveyard, I just thought it was cool!
-There is a Mando on Hole 6, you must play to the left of the tree. (Would be a nice addition for them to put a Mando sign on the tree)
-This is a well designed "Rec" course. Someone put some time, effort, and money into this course. …and it Shows!
-On some of the Baskets, It would behoove you to not overthrow, for there can be a risk. Water or a down a steep hill.
-The course was easy to find, as you pull into the Parking lot the first tee is on the right.
Cons: -Water comes into play on Holes 3,4 and 6 , but it is not communicated on the Maps. The water is hidden inside the tree line. It may be casual water from floods, but I did have to fish a disc out of the water. The water on 3 and 4 is hidden behind the tree line. -There is a creek that is right behind the basket on 3, it is not on the sign.
-Hole 3 also plays along side a softball field, be careful or you could interrupt a game.
-Hole 4: I noticed quite a few softballs in the water, as I was fishing my disc out. This means watch out for Home Runs! They probably won't yell "Fore"! ;)
- Hole 8: There is a fence, that runs along side of the fairway, opposite the graveyard. If your disc goes over, you'll have to walk ALL THE WAY AROUND, and it's a long walk! Barbed wire prevents you from climbing over.
-Holes 1 and 2 play around and near an open picnic area.
-If there is game at either the Softball field or the Basketball courts along hole 9, there could be crowds milling around.
-Also, There could be a funeral happening in the graveyard on 8.

Other Thoughts: Fuller Park was a pleasant surprise! I didn't know what to expect upon arrival. Bear in mind that this is a City Park "Rec" course, not a professional course. It's perfect for a small town City Park. It gave me plenty of challenges, and even baited me into a little over-confidence. You'll need some strategy shots for some of the holes, and you can break out your long arm on others. This course had a big fun factor for me, I was ready to play it again when I was done with the first round. It wasn't a hard course, but the challenges that it offers made it interesting. The photos make it appear to be in an open field, which it is, but half of the holes play along either a tree line or a Fence. The Distance Shots are across an open field. One of which has a Mando.

I drove 30 minutes to play here, and I wasn't disappointed! It's definitely worth checking out. I wouldn't drive out of my way to play here, but if I could plan my trip with a stop in Barnwell, I would! If you are in NW South Carolina, and you are planning on heading down south to play The Sarge, Tom Triplett and others further south, you could very easily make this a stop along the way.

For your GPS, According to the Website, the address is: